I think I hit the lotto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
She even gave me the paper work from when she bought the car from the dealer new and it is a demo car so it's 1 of the first produced in 87
That's great that you were also given the original documentation...it doesn't get any better than that.

coakley89

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 10, 2014
Aerocoupe? Be sure to write her a Christmas card! If you get the urge to chop it up, I have a 1980 Malibu coupe with a 400 I'd be willing to trade. Call me up before you cut.

Yes it a aerocoupe I'll never chop it up I getting a 87 ss with t-top for that I'll keep this 1 original for ever

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
To answer your question I would say its worth anything from $5 to $10k depending on condition. It looks like you found a great deal

Reactions: 1 user

Crzyrdnk

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 25, 2015
Red Deer, Alberta Canada
Awesome find! Congrats shes a gem, Dont ruin it by tossing a donk kit and 22 inch chrome rims on it or something stupid like that...not many of those around anymore!!!

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Here is one locally for sale in similar condition and mileage for an idea on pricing.
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/5126641212.html
I think for your $3500 investment I would personally hang on to it for a while since it will only increase in value over time.
Just keep it well maintained and stored properly.

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014
To answer your question I would say its worth anything from $5 to $10k depending on condition. It looks like you found a great deal

I agree that it's a good deal for the condition and I agree with axisg's valuation. I don't give too much credence to the craigslist ad as it's currently 3+ weeks old -- granted, "aero" is misspelled two different ways, so maybe the search engines aren't picking-up on it for interested buyers -- but I have to wonder if the typos/price are intentional, like maybe someone has told the wife they'll sell it "... but honey, no one wants to buy it!"

Let's also consider the market runs on supply & demand, in this case who has spare money and what cars they want to buy. Tri-Five Chevys and muscle cars from the '60s & '70s are hot because that's what the baby boomers grew-up with as kids and/or drove (secondhand) as teenagers and following their retirement, they have the money to pay sometimes-outrageous prices for cars. From that, I think valuation on G-bodies is going to stay sub-10k until maybe 2025/2030 -- that's when the majority of people who remember G-bodies as a kid or drove them as teenagers will have the kids out on their own and retirement is on the horizon (1984 - 16 + 55 = 2023, for example)

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Hoard 'em if you got 'em. There was bounty under Cash for Clunkers, and I wish I'd grabbed more parts when Gs were showing up weekly in the yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor