ID this 80s GM wagon!

Nov 4, 2012
Okay, who can ID these two GM cars? The car is an Oldsmobile Delta 88, unsure on year. I have no idea on the wagon.
20230911_185204.jpg

The background to this post is-

this picture was in a photo album I found going through my grandparents house that is currently being sold, since my grandfather passed away in May. The photo was taken in front of their house sometime in the 80s. The car was my grandfather's and the wagon was my grandmother's. For my own curiosity, I want to know what the wagon is.

Here's a few other cars that were pictured in the album:

Another one of my grandfather's Delta 88s and my aunt's Honda:
20230911_175530.jpg

Somebody's Ford F150 Loading up firewood in the backyard:
20230911_175646.jpg

Someone else parked a DeLorean across the street. Circa 1989:
20230911_175428.jpg

My mom's 1990 Camry during the Blizzard of 1993 with the same silver Delta 88 in front of it:
20230911_194248.jpg

My grandfather's first 1994 Lesabre. I credit this car with making me a Buick guy. Wish I could see what the front plate says:
20230911_190357.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
That looks like it's for the old North Side Buick. As for the wagon having the yellow plate on it I'm thinking it could be a Custom Crusier between '77 & '83. I'm just guess those years cause the newer cars in the pics had the blue plates.

Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
That looks like it's for the old North Side Buick. As for the wagon having the yellow plate on it I'm thinking it could be a Custom Crusier between '77 & '83. I'm just guess those years cause the newer cars in the pics had the blue plates.
Asked my mom and she said the wagon was definitely an Oldsmobile. She said she remembers her dad special ordering that wagon. As for the plate, I know he bought that LeSabre new from Northside Buick. And based on a Google search, looks like you're spot on-
s-l1200.jpg

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Asked my mom and she said the wagon was definitely an Oldsmobile. She said she remembers her dad special ordering that wagon. As for the plate, I know he bought that LeSabre new from Northside Buick. And based on a Google search, looks like you're spot on-
View attachment 227804
When you lived a few miles away from there you see alot of those plates. That was also claimed to be the dealership to of had & sold the last GNX by number.

Nov 4, 2012
When you lived a few miles away from there you see alot of those plates. That was also claimed to be the dealership to of had & sold the last GNX by number.
They closed up shop when I was still fairly young but I do recall hearing they sold GNX #547 when it was new.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
The rear tail lamps on the wagon are Oldsmobile. My 89 are similar, yet Chevrolet's were also similar.

The silver Delta 88 is about an 84. I had 84 White almost identical. I currently have a 83 Regency 98; rear trunk body line is different.

The older 88 is about 74 or little bit later. The 73 had more of a pointier nose. The 77 to 78 and later had a flatter appearance nose and grill with four square head lamps. The 84 and later had the Euro front rounded nose, but retained the four small square halogen headlamps.

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Your Grandpa was an Oldsmobile man, awesome. My Grandfather on Mom's side and my Dad were Ford men. Until they both owned a Ford so bad they went away from Ford. My Grandfather never owner another after a first year 4 cyl Taurus. My Dad a 76 Ford 1/2 ton, took years before he bought another. Dad went to GM completely for years and we bought the 75 Oldsmobile that was 350 Rocket powered. Man did that car take a ton of abuse. Then the awesome $500 81 Delta 88, deal of the century with an unkillable Olds 307. Otherwise I might have become a Ford man. I don't know if my Wife would have liked that, they were GM and Dodge only. Funny how our families choices affect our vehicle obsessions.

Nov 4, 2012
Your Grandpa was an Oldsmobile man, awesome. My Grandfather on Mom's side and my Dad were Ford men. Until they both owned a Ford so bad they went away from Ford. My Grandfather never owner another after a first year 4 cyl Taurus. My Dad a 76 Ford 1/2 ton, took years before he bought another. Dad went to GM completely for years and we bought the 75 Oldsmobile that was 350 Rocket powered. Man did that car take a ton of abuse. Then the awesome $500 81 Delta 88, deal of the century with an unkillable Olds 307. Otherwise I might have become a Ford man. I don't know if my Wife would have liked that, they were GM and Dodge only. Funny how our families choices affect our vehicle obsessions.
He owned GMs almost exclusively, though I remember he told me his first car was a rickety 1929 Model A coupe that he paid $100 for. He also told me he had a '47 Ford convertible for a while. My mom said she remembers nothing but Oldsmobiles as a kid. I do remember my grandfather telling me his first new car was a red 1960 4 door Impala and that he owned a few other Impalas or Biscaynes before buying Oldsmobiles. He also had a ruby red sixth-gen Lesabre between the silver Delta 88 and the green 94 Lesabre. He sold it to my dad and I remember my dad having it for a while before he traded it in on a Lumina. I have to look through some more albums and see if I can find any more photos of any of these cars.

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor