Identify this transmission?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013

MX says 350C. Is there a number after the X?

MX is the first two digits of the RPO code for a 350C transmission. There was more than one, but I think usually MX2. The 250C meanwhile was M31. They cast those big crude looking digits right into the transmission case at that location.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Does it have the 4 pin connector on the driver's side near the front above the pan? Is does look like a dual pattern bellhousing. Too bad you weren't close to me or I would snag it. When I picked up mine from the wrecker, most of his lock up trans were TH250C but he figured he had at least one more. Most of the TH350C trans I see here are long tail and Chevy only pattern that come out of trucks. I hope that is true on the dual pattern for the short tail TH350C. Mine has never locked up with a new solenoid and bypassing the internal pressure switch. I am trying a new converter, supposedly they go bad fairly often, I need more stall anyways, maybe it will lock up. It shifts perfect, just no lock up.

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
Does it have the 4 pin connector on the driver's side near the front above the pan? Is does look like a dual pattern bellhousing. Too bad you weren't close to me or I would snag it. When I picked up mine from the wrecker, most of his lock up trans were TH250C but he figured he had at least one more. Most of the TH350C trans I see here are long tail and Chevy only pattern that come out of trucks. I hope that is true on the dual pattern for the short tail TH350C. Mine has never locked up with a new solenoid and bypassing the internal pressure switch. I am trying a new converter, supposedly they go bad fairly often, I need more stall anyways, maybe it will lock up. It shifts perfect, just no lock up.

I remember there being a four prong plug yes.
IMG_2971 (2)_LI.jpg

Once I get it separated from the engine, I will clean it up and post better pictures of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor