if you needed anything that was impossible to find??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
What would it be??

Guys, no Bull $hit, I have two cars going over to be repo'd and I can make anything. I am "all in" on my career reputation to make this a hit for all of us enthusiasts. Is it suspension, needed sheetmetal, engine parts, etc, what is it??

I'm not in it for the $ I have one of these cars as well. I need to know your 2 cents as well.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
A job???? :rofl:

But seriously, it's hard to say not knowing what's already out there. Is anyone reproducing quarters, fenders or door skins yet? When my '87 Aero got totalled back around 2000, the driver's quarter was already discontinued. How about turbo Regal hoods? The 78-80 parts are harder to find, but at the same time the demand for it isn't as large either. The '80 Regal and Cutlass have one year only front ends. The 78-80 Salon and Century coupes are rare, but we're back to the demand again. The '87/88 Cutlass grilles are a hot item too.

-One thing I'd really like to see is some over sized factory wheels with the correct backspacing for our cars. I've seen a lot of the stuff Year One offers but they focus on the A-body & F-body crowd. I really like their 17" cast Rally II's, Snowflakes & Honeycombs but they only offer a 17x9 with 5" backspace. They do have 17" N90's for the Montes and they look great on them.

A reasonably priced 17" or 18" Buick, Olds or Pontiac rally wheel would be nice. I know there's billet stuff out there but I wouldn't spend $800/wheel either.

-What's available to bring our ginormous a/c boxes up to recent standards and trim some bulk? Not everyone wants to delete their a/c but that cumbersome box is just in the way.

-How about the t-type, GN or diesel pedal assembly used for hydro boost conversions?

-An available steering shaft adapter for the '78 steering shaft. Every year after '79 can utilize the jeep shafts and ditch the rag joint. The' 78's can't.

I'm sure I can think off some more things eventually.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
good job with the list G-body_Vet!! but any parts for 78-87 Gp's would work great! I have a 85 that had the drivers side quarter crunched a bit...I had a body guy do work on it but it's still not the same, my only other choice is to replace the quarter. Though it would be a job for a pro it would be nice to have the parts available. As for any other G body i think any chrome trim ie: grilles, headlight buckets, tailights, moldings, rocker trim, window trim etc etc would be great! That and interior panels as most are sun baked and for us who who want to change colors, we are stuck painting them the desired colors.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
85GPLef41 said:
That and interior panels as most are sun baked and for us who who want to change colors, we are stuck painting them the desired colors.

Any tan or red plastics are the worst. That funky red color always turn some shade of pink and I won't touch a car with that interior! All of the Malibus I've seen with tan interior usually look pretty bad/brittle & scratched up.

What about console doors? Anyone making those yet? Dash bezels would be another good one, plenty of cracked and broken ones out there.

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
a headliner board for a factory sunroof 78-80 Monte Carlo.
the 81-88's don't exactly work because they do not have the locations for the upper seat belt mount in the headliner like the 78-80's do

crazyliver

Apprentice
Aug 15, 2011
Ontario Canada
K51490-1_22.jpg

The caps that cover the door pull screws are impossible to find. They are tapered and rounded. I have seen them on more than the grand prixs too.

MonteCarloSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2008
Virginia
X2 on the job!!
We need Steel replacement trunk lids for monte carlo,etc
Full replacement dash all makes
Just what I can think of right now.

Highwood Malibu

Greasemonkey
Jul 14, 2011
Calgary Alberta Canada
Grill replacements, for 1980 Malibu/El Camino, headlight bezels too. Tail lights for Malibu's. Cluster replacements. Trunks.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Well...the bucket seat chrome covers for the cutlass' are rare and expensive. Also, the consoles get real brittle with age and are almost impossible to remove without breakage. Just my .02

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
quarter panel panels and other body panels for a 78-80 Monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor