if you needed anything that was impossible to find??

Status
Not open for further replies.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Toby, I'm just being curious here, but are you trying to start a new/different list of items than what has already been mentioned in the other thread "Its a good day for the G body community"? Don't get me wrong here, I'm all for greater availability of reproduction parts for these cars (yes, the door pull strap covers, like CrazyLiver mantioned), I'm just a little confused. What kind of parts can you get produced, and EXACTLY what minimum number of confirmed buyers do you need to seriously get it done? Just asking.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
clean8485 said:
Toby, I'm just being curious here, but are you trying to start a new/different list of items than what has already been mentioned in the other thread "Its a good day for the G body community"? Don't get me wrong here, I'm all for greater availability of reproduction parts for these cars (yes, the door pull strap covers, like CrazyLiver mantioned), I'm just a little confused. What kind of parts can you get produced, and EXACTLY what minimum number of confirmed buyers do you need to seriously get it done? Just asking.

Maybe I should have been a little more clear. I am looking for the items that are somewhat "out of the box" thinking. We already know we are going to work with the sheetmetal. When I say impossible to find I mean things like this::

Lightning Rod Shifters to convert your current setup over?? Now wouldnt that be cool. These are things that dont really take a tremendous amount of tooling to get going.

How about the little windlace molding that ALWAYS shrinks and never stays put around factory moonroof applications.

How about the plastic cover to the moonroof?

Weird stuff, you know.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
carbon fiber / or more likely fiberglass trunk lids & option with/ or without the wing ( the hurst olds wing ) & slow opening electric trunk motor / w/ open/close fob if it can be had for cheap *_^

maybe the windshields w/ the incorporated antenna? nobody sells those around here

Brougham/Landau badges for ppl redoing their half-tops

other badges too!

black olds 'rockets' badges for fr&back of black/black/black hot rod olds

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
G-Body_Vet said:
A job???? :rofl:

But seriously, it's hard to say not knowing what's already out there. Is anyone reproducing quarters, fenders or door skins yet? When my '87 Aero got totalled back around 2000, the driver's quarter was already discontinued. How about turbo Regal hoods? The 78-80 parts are harder to find, but at the same time the demand for it isn't as large either. The '80 Regal and Cutlass have one year only front ends. The 78-80 Salon and Century coupes are rare, but we're back to the demand again. The '87/88 Cutlass grilles are a hot item too.

-One thing I'd really like to see is some over sized factory wheels with the correct backspacing for our cars. I've seen a lot of the stuff Year One offers but they focus on the A-body & F-body crowd. I really like their 17" cast Rally II's, Snowflakes & Honeycombs but they only offer a 17x9 with 5" backspace. They do have 17" N90's for the Montes and they look great on them.

A reasonably priced 17" or 18" Buick, Olds or Pontiac rally wheel would be nice. I know there's billet stuff out there but I wouldn't spend $800/wheel either.

-What's available to bring our ginormous a/c boxes up to recent standards and trim some bulk? Not everyone wants to delete their a/c but that cumbersome box is just in the way.

-How about the t-type, GN or diesel pedal assembly used for hydro boost conversions?

-An available steering shaft adapter for the '78 steering shaft. Every year after '79 can utilize the jeep shafts and ditch the rag joint. The' 78's can't.

I'm sure I can think off some more things eventually.

Gbodyparts has the pedals that you are referrring to and many of them. We are coming out with a 15" wheel which is a little hush hush. If it goes well we wil make it bgger as you suggest. The turbo regal hood in on the priority list to be created asap.
Yea, those damn cutlass grilles, arms and legs offered for used pairs of them. THey are on the list as well.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
crazyliver said:
K51490-1_22.jpg

That Pontiac horn button is a hard one to find too. Most of them are Firebird or Fiero.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
The lower chrome moldings on the doors, quarters and fenders for my car.....Nobody makes em :(

CdnCutlass

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2010
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Wheelhouses! Inner and especially outer wheelhouses. There is nothing available and because of the curve it makes it difficult to fabricate patches.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
crazyliver said:
The caps that cover the door pull screws are impossible to find. They are tapered and rounded. I have seen them on more than the grand prixs too.
x2! I hate them little ****ers they never stay on!!!

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Make sure them cars are hidden well.

A good selling item would be aluminum bolt on door panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor