Ignition coil to module wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

IhaveNoPantsOn

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2009
Holyoke, MA
I am trying to find the wiring harness that goes from the coil to the module on my GP. All the parts stores I have been to so far have had nothing. It is one of the few things I have left to replace in my ignition system, and I believe it is what is causing all my problems. Anyone know where to find it? Thanks.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
The wires are pretty much integrated with the distributor aren't they? You could cut and splice your own wires as needed. What seems to be your problem? I had a ignition wire problem once and it was a night mare to troubleshoot, i kept blowing modules whenever i got on it only around corners. Well i discovered that it wasn't the wire going to the module but it was the spade terminal that connects to the module was a little loose so i just squeezed it with a pair of pliers and VIOLA!! no more popping modules, the spade terminal is like a speaker terminal and it got loose over the years and was making a loose connection to the module whenever the car leaned to one side. Well after i tightened the connection i had no more problems with my modules frying, a loose connection will do that.

IhaveNoPantsOn

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2009
Holyoke, MA
There's the wire that goes from the module into the dist., and one that goes from the other side of the module to the coil (which I need). It is 2 wires, about 4-6" long. The part of it that goes under the dist. cap feels pretty 'crunchy', and there is a sharp bend in the wires right before the plastic clip. http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=12333&highlight= That's a link to an old post of my igntion/prformance problem. Except now, it takes 4 or 5 times to start each time.

IhaveNoPantsOn

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2009
Holyoke, MA
Do you know a part number, or what exactly it is called? Advanced was the first place I checked, and the guy said they "definitely don't have anything like that". Didn't even bother looking that hard for it in the computer. That pic doesn't look anything like the wiring I am looking for though. Rock Auto does have the connectors for both the module, and the coil. I could always just buy both and add my own wire to make what I need.

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
IhaveNoPantsOn said:
Do you know a part number, or what exactly it is called? Advanced was the first place I checked, and the guy said they "definitely don't have anything like that". Didn't even bother looking that hard for it in the computer. That pic doesn't look anything like the wiring I am looking for though. Rock Auto does have the connectors for both the module, and the coil. I could always just buy both and add my own wire to make what I need.

if you are refering to the wire that goes from the HEI coil to the inside of the distributor it is this part, it conects to your module, so to be sure you are talking about the wire harness with the three wires coming off of it right? if so here's a part number form autozone, advance has them also but there site was down, (i got mine from advance about 3 weeks ago)

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalo ... n+(Tune+Up)&navValue=16200724&itemId=724-0&parentId=62-0

copy the entire link

IhaveNoPantsOn

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2009
Holyoke, MA
Thanks Monte. I will try Advance again after work today.

flip66

Apprentice
Nov 26, 2007
Are you talking about the wires that go to the "pick up coil" if you are you have to replace the pick up coil. Rock Auto has it listed as "Distributor Ignition Pickup" should have a green and white (maybe black) wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor