Ignition Kill Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

87SS383

Apprentice
Jan 15, 2010
I just moved to a downtown area of a pretty big metro area. Its not such a bad neighborhood, but ive seen some sketchy guys checkin out my car. Dont have money for an alarm at this time, so i'm wondering what i have to do to set up a toggle switch that will kill the ignition if fired. Any help would be appreciated.

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
87SS383 said:
I just moved to a downtown area of a pretty big metro area. Its not such a bad neighborhood, but ive seen some sketchy guys checkin out my car. Dont have money for an alarm at this time, so i'm wondering what i have to do to set up a toggle switch that will kill the ignition if fired. Any help would be appreciated.

The absolute simplest way to do this is to simply splice a toggle switch into the wire that goes to the BATT terminal on the HEI. Cut the existing wire and extend the two wires to a convenient, hidden location inside the car. Connect a single pole, single throw toggle switch across these two wires. Turn the switch off and no-start. Turn it back on and you're good to go.

87SS383

Apprentice
Jan 15, 2010
So i'm just gonna create a circuit from the HEI wire and the wires that connect to the toggle?

Attachments

• Diagram.jpg
    Diagram.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,156

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
get this:
BatterySwitch-450.jpg

its what i got. and the key is removeable

larryo454

Master Mechanic
Aug 16, 2010
If you got a electric fuel pump you can put that on a switch. Put your battery in the trunk and run all the wires in the car.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
My suggestions, before you leave your car unprotected for another SECOND:

1. This one's free, if you park it, remove the main distributor coil wire and take it with you.
2. Get a club and put in on the steering wheel.

Then, read my Stolen thread for ideas if you haven't done so already.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
454muscle said:
My suggestions, before you leave your car unprotected for another SECOND:

1. This one's free, if you park it, remove the main distributor coil wire and take it with you.
2. Get a club and put in on the steering wheel.

Then, read my Stolen thread for ideas if you haven't done so already.

If he has an HEI, taking the coil wire won't work since it doesn't have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor