Ignition Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

MakeMineaMonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 18, 2018
RI
Are the ignition modules in computer controlled distributors and vacuum advance distributors interchangeable? I have a spare from a vac advanced distributor that would fit my engine if it weren't CC, and am wondering if I can install that in my CC distributor?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
No, different pin counts. 4 or rarely 5 pin for non computer controlled advance. Either 7(CCC)or 8 pin for the computer advanced modules. The extra pin on the 8 pin module is a ground.

Reactions: 2 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
like was said. The pin count is different. I remembered 4 and 7 but I could be wrong its been so long since I had a computer car. If I remember they used different coils too.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
They are different, the computer controlled ignition modules have a bypass circuit for the pickup coil, non computer modules lack the bypass. The pickup coil is mainly used as a cam sensor rather than direct ignition triggering in computer controlled versions of HEI.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor