ignition relay fuse location

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Odds are it'll be a fusible link. It should be at the starter but there will be a few there. To ensure this is the route double check to see what all don't have power as there are several circuits that share a fusible link.

Reactions: 3 users

ricks86442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 5, 2008
lincoln park,michigan
Odds are it'll be a fusible link. It should be at the starter but there will be a few there. To ensure this is the route double check to see what all don't have power as there are several circuits that share a fusible link.
I dont have any power to any of the ignition switch ports in the fuse box where i have hooked my gauges and fan switch.. horn, courtest lights, dome light,all work starter cranks and car starts ...

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I dont have any power to any of the ignition switch ports in the fuse box where i have hooked my gauges and fan switch.. horn, courtest lights, dome light,all work starter cranks and car starts ...
Doing a quick armchair quarterback look in my '79 Olds CSM, all there will be is a 20 amp fuse that supports those ports right next to it. If there is an issue with back up lights or turn signals not working the it could be routed somewhere in the pink feed wire from the C100 bulkhead connector & fuse box. Car starts so that will rule out the full #3 circuit that is the pink wire. I originally thought there was a bigger issue until you posted car starts. Now if everything worked & there was never that 20 amp fuse in place something else shady might be going there. If it's just the add ons pluged into the power ports it could be grounding issues or something in the wires for the fan switch & gauges. Check the fan switch & try with out it plugged into one of those ports. Might have to put that on another power supply source & give it it's own fuse. Another question is how long has everything worked before this?

Reactions: 1 user

ricks86442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 5, 2008
lincoln park,michigan
Doing a quick armchair quarterback look in my '79 Olds CSM, all there will be is a 20 amp fuse that supports those ports right next to it. If there is an issue with back up lights or turn signals not working the it could be routed somewhere in the pink feed wire from the C100 bulkhead connector & fuse box. Car starts so that will rule out the full #3 circuit that is the pink wire. I originally thought there was a bigger issue until you posted car starts. Now if everything worked & there was never that 20 amp fuse in place something else shady might be going there. If it's just the add ons pluged into the power ports it could be grounding issues or something in the wires for the fan switch & gauges. Check the fan switch & try with out it plugged into one of those ports. Might have to put that on another power supply source & give it it's own fuse. Another question is how long has everything worked before this?
THanks for all your replies, everything was working except the fuel gauge, and i was testing it and thats when it all went sideways..
But last night i was able to locate and correct the problem. There was a in line fuse up under the dash ,previous owner installed,in a loom in parallel with one of the other gauges and it was tripped along with the gauge fuse in the fuse box.. now back to my orignal fuel gauge issue

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor