Ignorant Kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
This happened a while ago, but I think you guys will enjoy it.
(Copied from op)
Well, today I was doing some rust repair when some of my buddies came over. One of my freinds brought over one of his other friends. We started bsing and what not. I kinda got a bad vibe from him, don't know how. Then he turned and asked me what I was doing with that pos, my cutlass. BAD MOVE. So I told him, fixing some rust, then he said no like overall. So I said, well, a mild street car, about 400 horses. Then he came out with the comment that told me now is when to get back to working before I kill him, Oldsmobile, ehh? They suck, you could never make anything outta that. They suck **** (normal teenage vocab word). My buddy "nudged" him to leave at that point, noticing my frustration level. My dad always says, ignorance is bliss, there are many bliss people in this world.
___

A little follow up on this. My buddy came over today and we got to talking, you'd never geuss what his dad just bought . Not a cutlass, but damn close. A GN. Haha, he was bs about how great it is and how fast it is, and how cool it looks. What a dumb, ignorant, fickle, idiot he is. Not that a GN isn't nice, or cool, but it's just karma, what a dumba55.

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
i hate when people say $hit like that! i go to school with a bunch of rich stuck up kids so since my cars not brand new, its a 'piece of crap'

my sister also throws in a comment how much better her scion tC is than my car....maybe b/c of her blue headlights? :roll: and then i remind her that shes a woman,and it doesnt matter how nice her car is,b/c she doesnt know how to drive!!! haha j/p

1988montess

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2007
theres always gonna be those losers that dont know sh*t about a car. but in reality whatever a person drives is "the best car on the road", you know what i mean. you think your Olds is the best, my friend thinks his Mazda Protege is the best. its just how it is and people will never stop doing it. i get HUGE flack from people that dont know sh*t about my 88 Monte SS, especially from my tuner friends that only know tuner cars and not older GM's. if it were me in your situation that guy would have been running home with a screwdriver in his leg, but thats just me.(not that ive ever done that.....................since 2001)

EDIT: I DONT CONDONE VIOLENCE OR THINK THAT STABBING PEOPLE WITH SCREWDRIVERS IS COOL. I JUST HAD A BAD DAY.

Derision

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2007
Jackson, New Jersey
1988montess said:
EDIT: I DONT CONDONE VIOLENCE OR THINK THAT STABBING PEOPLE WITH SCREWDRIVERS IS COOL. I JUST HAD A BAD DAY.

Stabbing people with a flathead screwdriver is definitely NOT cool.

A Philip's head, now... that's at least two coolness points.

*Ten points if you can manage a Torx driver.

1980Gbody

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2007
Warren MI
i hate those rich kids who they think their all cool rolling up in a car their parent bought for them

i deffinatly like the ones that roll up thinking their hot sh*t wiht their gf and their gf starts hitting on u and u just see them getting pissed

ive never realy had a problem wiht my tuner freinds talking smack and im not talking about tuned civics but supras and bad *ss dsm. there alot of asian that live around me and i kno some of them and everyone of them i meet through my freinds walks up and tell me how nice my car is even tho hes a tuner fan and pulled up in 11s supra

i show respect to evey car weather its a rusted out civic wiht a fart can or 78 monte wiht a big block in it. to me its all about the driver if hes cocky about his car or thinks its so fast then yea ill make fun of it, that a reason dislike mustangs because most people who drive mustangs are cocky and think their all that

1988montess

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2007
true dat.

Derision said:
1988montess said:

Stabbing people with a flathead screwdriver is definitely NOT cool.

not a flathead. how many points for a robertson?? (its all i had at the time)

pose_442

Greasemonkey
Feb 12, 2007
Those dumb, ignorant kids make fun of us 'til they want their car fixed.

Case in point, a guy I know who works at a customizing shop made a cold air kit for this kid and charged him $175. Components included a $20 Autozone cone filter, 3" PVC pipe, 3" rubber hose with clamps, and a 90 degree elbow. I forgot the "Aluminum" spray paint. Parts total $35!!!

Derision

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2007
Jackson, New Jersey
1988montess said:
true dat.

Derision said:

not a flathead. how many points for a robertson?? (its all i had at the time)

A Robertson set would get at least 20 points, based purely on difficulty. Due to the square shape, stabbing someone in the leg with a Robertson screwdriver is similar in difficulty to sawing through a log with a plastic spoon.

KMac

Greasemonkey
Jan 3, 2007
Definately agree with the rich kids bashing any older car, that cost a fourth of what theirs did (if that). The funny thing is though many of my friends at college are very rich and all have land rovers and BMW's but when it comes to whos driving they all wanna ride in my cutlass. I guess its the engineering in them that gives them that respect for the car

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
I understand how he can beleive how great his car is, especialy based on this kids intelect and ignorance. I by no means beleive my car is the best car on the road, and far from it at that. That is the problem though, people have to understand that their car is not "THE BEST OUT THERE" because as qouted, "no matter how fast you are, there will always be someone faster..."

I too hate mommy and daddy bought cars, especially when you have your blood sweat and tears into your car and they blow it off as a pos. When I go to car shows and what not, I have my favorites when it comes to cars, but if I see a kid with a car that they really have worked their butt off on, I'll at least throw a complement their way, AND MEAN IT, no matter what it looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor