Illinois NOOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowtiefan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2009
Mt. Vernon, IL
What's up guys? I've been a lurker for a long time but just joined today.

I am from Southern Illinois (yes there is land south of Chicago!), married for 14 years, father of two kids, my 13 year old son and a 9 yr. old daughter that keep me busy and broke all the time. My wife is a full time student and Mom studying to be an Occupational Therapist. Me, I work for Continental Tire North America here in town where we make Continental and General brand tires for cars and light trucks as well as Semi truck tires.
I've had four different G bodies over the years and miss having one greatly! My favorite was my '79 Grand Prix with a 305 TPI and a 700R4 out of a wrecked '89 Formula. Sadly, it had the typical frame rot and I had another project that was farther along, so it had to go.

I REALLY would like to find a nice LeMans, but have recently had another idea to own a Cutlass and make it my own. Who knows? With kids at home I may be fooling myself thinking that I can start another "Me" project, especially since my son is into racing go karts and let me tell you, that ain't cheap either!

Anywhoo........my former list of G bodies includes the '79 Grand Prix (LJ Model), a '79 Monte Carlo that I beat on mercilessly and it refused to give up, an '83 Cutlass T top car, and an '85 Grand Prix that was also a T top car. I have serious car guy syndrome though, as I would take any of them back in a heartbeat!

I really enjoy reading about all of the projects and looking at the cool pics. I'll dig around and see what pics I can come up with of my former G's for everyone's entertainment. Look forward to meeting some cool folks too. Later! Rahn

I've lived here all of my life. I guess when you live through it, things don't appear to have changed much. It's Mousetown, but it is home. :wink:

hey, a fellow noob here welcoming you too the board

Welcome from the Great White North!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor