I'm Baaaack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
Those that recall, I sold my '85 442 in February 2012. I just bought a project Cutlass Supreme. Swapped fom a 3.8 to an Olds engine, probably a 307. Runs good, still has the metric 200/250 in it, feels like a 2.41 gear. It was a V6 gauges car so tach is way off. Body is the reason I bought it. Zero rust, painted SS styled wheels with all trim in place, interior decent not great. Working a/c, crank windows, decent paint. Worn out tires. More later...

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Welcome back! I remember the spotless 442 you had! Post some pics when you can

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
I haven't even brought it home yet, my best friend owns a dealership and he traded it in on a clapped out old back lot pickup and had nothing in it in real money. He told me if I wanted it to pay the cost of his paperwork and transfer fees and come get it. Got it on a lift yesterday and checked it out. Oil pan gasket is leaking like Edward Snowden, exhaust though all there and looks ok from outside, is pieced together from cheap junk. The motor mounts are adapters using the Buick frame mounts, so that has to change. Not sure yet if I want to repair whats there since it runs fine or if I want to pull it all out and start over with a fresh motor/trans. I have a low :mrgreen: miles ZZ4 and 5 speed Tremec sitting around collecting dust.

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
Minion1186 said:
What happened to the pacer project?
It turned into a non event! :mrgreen: Ended up never touching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor