im looking for a driver side vent window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot
hey guys. im going threw the list of thing i need for the wagon and one thing i need is a rear driver side vent window. before i knew better i bought a beautiful vent outta 4dr but learned that there different after the fact. if anyone has got an extra laying around let me know. or if you have one and also need one for a 4dr ill trade you and cover the shipping for the trade. one more thing, mine is broke at the bottom, would it be smart to just weld it back together? im not that great with a welder yet( but im getting better) so id rather buy one as oppossed to welding but if i have to i will. let me know. thanks

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
James,
I could have gotten you a vent window last week had I known. They both swiveled, and weren't stuck. Don't give up the thought of re-welding the pivot post back on.
As long as you're able to get the angle right, I can't see how it wouldn't work.
I had experimented with that a while back and was semi-successful. I think the angle was off when I re-welded it.
I think if someone is handy with a MIG or TIG welder, it's definitely doable.
Let me look thru my stuff and see what I have for vent windows.

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot
Longroof79 said:
James,
I could have gotten you a vent window last week had I known. They both swiveled, and weren't stuck. Don't give up the thought of re-welding the pivot post back on.
As long as you're able to get the angle right, I can't see how it wouldn't work.
I had experimented with that a while back and was semi-successful. I think the angle was off when I re-welded it.
I think if someone is handy with a MIG or TIG welder, it's definitely doable.
Let me look thru my stuff and see what I have for vent windows.

thanks jack, you rock. let me know please

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
power or manual?

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot
manuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor