Im new to g body

Status
Not open for further replies.

81CRUISERbrougham

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2010
Duluth,MN
hey everyone, i own a 81 cutlass cruiser, dont know a whole lot about my car im just getting into a gm phase. I love my wagon and drive it daily. From what i know is it had a 260 and 200m and the original owner had a dealership ect rebuild a carburated 3.8 and th 350, im not sure when im guessing earily 90's. i belive it had alittle paint work done and it has american racing wheels other then that i think its original. the interior is pretty mint aside from the headliner that the previous owner stappled! wtf! anyways if anyone has info or comments they would like to share it'd be appreciated! i want to know more about my wagon.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard! Post some pics of your wagon for us wagon guys to peruse.

81CRUISERbrougham

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2010
Duluth,MN
i cant figure out how to get them large and posted. i took them with my phone.

81CRUISERbrougham

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2010
Duluth,MN
also i've had my car since the end of winter and i have been trying to find a few things for it and can't.. there is no G body wagons in the junkyards up here i think they all get enduro raced or turned into dirt track pure stocks. I have been looking for the little cover that goes over the screws that mount the spoiler and black trim stip for my rear bumper. also im wondering what other car uses the same front fenders and i need a driver floor pan. ive looked all over and only found the things i dont need!

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Welcome!

You're not gonna find covers for the screws on the wing over the back window.
They get brittle with age and are pretty much impossible to remove without breaking.
The rubber bump strips on the bumper are another thing you're not gonna find.
Neither are reproduced, and you're only luck is finding some on a car at the yard or one getting parted out.

Fenders should be the same on '78-'83 Cutlass wagons and '78-'78 Cutlass sedans. Coupe fenders will not work.
Floor pans are universal for all '78-'88 G-bodies, and there are a few different reproductions available.

If you're up for a drive, there is a junkyard just north of Willmar, MN that has a nice selection of Cutlass's, including several wagons.

81CRUISERbrougham

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2010
Duluth,MN
whats the name of that junkyard for future reference? and thankyou. im learning more about this car everyday.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN

81CRUISERbrougham

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2010
Duluth,MN
well i probably wont be making a trip anytime soon but what i really need is the bumper trim, the screw cover and a pair of fenders, my car isint perfect but im not going to replace the headliner my seats are nice and the dash and all that is mint. i got a crack in the interior driver pillar. i just drive it to work and get alot of LOOKS when i drive through town. I think i have the only one in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor