Inner Fenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

watchdog

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2010
Upstate NY
Hello...Im in the final stages of putting my car back together after an almost complete restoration, gutted the interior, front and rear suspensions, brake lines and rear end, and everything from the firewall forward. Basically it was an empty shell sitting on a bare frame. I shoulda just pulled the body off too.....anyways, all I have left is putting the front end on, fenders, nose, and hood, then paint.

Im wondering what that metal strip is thats attached to the inner fenders where the main fenders bolt to it, and what its purpose is. The ones on mine are quite rusty, and after I paint the inner fenders, they are not the ones I want to use. I guess Im wondering if you all are keeping them on there during your restorations, or leaving them off, etc.... Thanks folks.

gwhiz

Greasemonkey
Aug 21, 2012
they just suport the inner fender lip. all the used ones i have seen were rusted. they make new repoductions but dont have the metal reinforcements. on mine i fabricated a set because i could not find a non rusted set. i would keep them and sandblast them or make a new set. good luck .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor