Installing my sbc 383 & th350

cgmaster06

n00b
Jun 23, 2024
Hey everyone, I was creating this thread to get some guidance when needed.

I have a 87 Monte Carlo SS ttop

I’m currently installing my 383 and th350. Also changing the steering wheel shifter to a rachet shifter.
I’ll be running Holley sniper efi.

This is my first time doing this. Im mechanically inclined but again. This is my first time.

IMG_0167.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5417.png
    IMG_5417.png
    11.3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5374.jpeg
    IMG_5374.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
Glad to see you cleaned and painted everything first. Looks nice. I did the same when I did my 383 swap. I hope your TH350 is built strong enough to handle the torque the 383 will put out. My TH350 was decently built for the engine I took out but only lasted about 200 miles after the 383 went in. Built and TH400 to handle the 383. Also, the 383 creates a bit more heat, but it could be because I live in AZ.
I can't wait to see the progress.

Reactions: 1 user
Appreciate that man, yes the th350 is built here by a gentlemen locally. I’m in Maryland. I’ll be in Scottsdale around December to visit. I love AZ.

I got a lot of questions so I’ll be asking.

Appreciate that man, yes the th350 is built here by a gentlemen locally. I’m in Maryland. I’ll be in Scottsdale around December to visit. I love AZ.

I got a lot of questions so I’ll be asking.
Reach out when you come to Scottsdale. There's a big car show every Saturday there.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor