insurance for hobby cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarborough

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2016
I just got my car insurance through Hagerty. I have AllStates home and auto and this is who my agent recommend. 30.000 for 58.75 a month with a 150.00 down payment. not sure if this is a deal or not but no one else would insure it. at least now i can sleep a little better knowing that i how some protection.

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
No coverage for NY State residents from these folks if the car is modified.
That's who I use for insurance, had to send them pics etc. They didn't have any issues with it being modified.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
That's who I use for insurance, had to send them pics etc. They didn't have any issues with it being modified.
They would not do the cage and turbo because of ‘NY’ That was in 2020, perhaps I should retry.

Presently I’m using State Farm and I have replacement value at $10k. I was asked if it was modified and my answer was ‘minorly’. I have that in writing which probably means I’m fubar’d for my investment if anything ever goes poorly. But I have 500k of no fault liability that doesn’t care about my car.

I can already see a lawsuit developing when I get rear ended at a stop sign into traffic.

It’s safe to say that I’m just a little bit careful driving in our state lol.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Oh they absolutely don't know about my rollcage, but everything else they do.
What I find weird is they offer track day insurance, but don't want cars to have a roll cage. WTF?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
I find it hard to rate any car insurance plan or company that I haven't had to actually file a claim with.

That aside, I currently use America's Collector Insurance on my Regal, $229 a year for $10k. I don't have insurance on my Monte Carlo, but when I had it, it was Grundy at around the same price for $15k.

I've noticed now that some of these companies are getting a lot more stringent on the questions and policies, so read those carefully. Years ago, they didn't need proof of my ownership nor insurance of other cars, now they want it all.

ms350

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 21, 2010
I just use Allstate. Stated value. As it increases in value I will probably go with Hagerty but no point in spending more than I have to right now. Hagerty seems like the best from what I have previously researched. Depends on the value of the vehicle- mine are not on the road right now, just projects in progress so I just need them protected from fire or theft, things like that. Homeowners won't cover it from what Allstate told me. Have to have a specific classic car policy so I do.

RICKDIZZLE

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2014
Have had Hagerty for like 6 years now. No issues at all and good prices. Even cover my car with hydraulics as some others wouldn't or wanted much more due to them.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I am debating on switching over to Hagerty, had been using Progressive and they are cheap but it is just for liability and went up this time instead of going down which is why I kept just accepting it. For 25k on each car it is like $882 for the year, the rep just emailed me back to say they also have a feature called Cherished Salvage, all this means is if the vehicle is ever totaled you would not only receive the Guaranteed value of $25,000 but you would also keep the vehicle at no cost. To add this coverage, it is an additional $53 dollars a year. Which I thought it something that a lot of us would like, you basically get a free parts car to replace your baby if she gets totaled....

Reactions: 2 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I have American Classic Ins. Stated value that I told them my car is worth (no pics or receipts were needed. I just stated what I thought it was worth and the agreed. I have two of my cars with them.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Well I talked to Grundy to see where they were at and they were close to half the price of Hagerty, only difference being the spare parts being 500 vs 750.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor