Intake manifold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridgeline

Greasemonkey
Jan 19, 2008
I'm getting ready to start building a 350 for my ElCo. I'm looking to get around 300 -350 horse power. What is the best intake to use with a 600 Holley?

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
match the intake to the heads, then match the carb to the entire package. IMO i'd go up to a 650cfm if you insist on a holley, but i'd highly recommend getting a late 70's/early 80's non-computer q-jet. then you PROPERLY modify it and tune it, and you'll have the same power and better driveability.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
It would help to know if you are building the engine for street or strip, low end power or high end power.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
Ridgeline said:
I'm getting ready to start building a 350 for my ElCo. I'm looking to get around 300 -350 horse power. What is the best intake to use with a 600 Holley?

The best way to go is a dual plane, Edelbrock makes one with an Air Gap for a little better performance. You would need a stall converter at least 1,000-2,000 for this one, but it's the best type for the street. Make sure it complements the heads you are running. If not you could loose a lot of power (call the company to make sure).

When considering the manifold - ask yourself what rpm range you want the driving in. If you aren't turning above 4500-5000 rpms, a regular single plane could be a better choice. The dual plane will give you a bit more torque. Another thing which is interesting - a hi po single plane will make less low end torque, and achieve peak power at a higher rpm band (a regular single plane will make top end power at a lower or similar rpm than a dual plane). So the dual plane would be a no-brainer if you have a stall. (other ones - like a tunnel ram are too radical for the street and amnt. of power you are running)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor