Need help with damaged LS6 Intake!

WesFischer05

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2023
Phoenix, Arizona
Currently LS swapping my gbody and noticed my intake was damaged.

In the first set of pictures I am showing off my damaged intake. It appears to be just cosmetic and no actual holes that would leak into the intake itself. The second set are where the only piece of the damage I can find goes, it seems to be all just some damage to the outside.

Now what I need help with. Do you think I’ll be alright to glue the piece back on and maybe make a patch panel for the bottom if I can. In my head it seems like it should still function properly since no seals are compromised and air would be unable to escape through the damage.

I checked old pictures and 2 months ago it was fine and then a picture from a week ago it was broken so I have no idea how long it’s been like this, it’s just been sitting for a little while

Attachments

• IMG_4421.jpeg
    IMG_4421.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4422.jpeg
    IMG_4422.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4423.jpeg
    IMG_4423.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4424.jpeg
    IMG_4424.jpeg
    878.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4425.jpeg
    IMG_4425.jpeg
    929.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4426.jpeg
    IMG_4426.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4427.jpeg
    IMG_4427.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I'd be looking for a way to capture the outside of that rubber gasket. Seems a little backfire could still wipe it out. Other than that, I think with some JB Weld you'd be OK. You don't have the rest of the bits, do you?

Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
That's ABS Plastic, very few glue types work with it. I'd mold and fill that area with epoxy and let it harden. Pull the gasket out and put something in there as a filler to get the channel for it, use a dremel to shape it when the epoxy hardens.

Reactions: 1 users

WesFischer05

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2023
Phoenix, Arizona
That's ABS Plastic, very few glue types work with it. I'd mold and fill that area with epoxy and let it harden. Pull the gasket out and put something in there as a filler to get the channel for it, use a dremel to shape it when the epoxy hardens.
Awesome thank you for the reply!

WesFischer05

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2023
Phoenix, Arizona
I'd be looking for a way to capture the outside of that rubber gasket. Seems a little backfire could still wipe it out. Other than that, I think with some JB Weld you'd be OK. You don't have the rest of the bits, do you?
Sounds great! I kept looking but that was the only piece I could find. I have no clue how long it’s been broken so hard to really pinpoint a place and let’s just say the garage isn’t so clean 😅

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor