Introducing Social Groups

Tomeal

Master Mechanic
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
It almost sounds like a forum inside a forum?

Or am I not understanding correctly?

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Inola, OK
It almost sounds like a forum inside a forum?

Or am I not understanding correctly?

Kind of. Sort of. I guess that's one way to view it. Basically "sub communities" of the greater whole. That you guys have a measure of control over creating and moderating and guiding the discussion.

Tomeal

Master Mechanic
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
That you guys have a measure of control over creating and moderating and guiding the discussion.

So if members of the group don't like the direction of the group, are you going to end up with multiples of similar groups just because guys didn't like the direction of the first one?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2013
39252895.jpg

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Inola, OK
So if members of the group don't like the direction of the group, are you going to end up with multiples of similar groups just because guys didn't like the direction of the first one?

Depends if anyone's actually using them or not, but yeah. I suppose I should make it so if there's no activity in a group for XX days then it goes away or something, just to keep the clutter down.... But if there's two groups with decent usage I have no problem with it.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Inola, OK
So yes, you must be a member of the group to create a post in it, but comments/reacts I don't believe requires it.

Group admins, has anyone tried creating a sub forum, or editing the cover image? I see one with a changed "profile pic" but naught else unless I missed it.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Sounds like Facebook.

• Haha
Reactions: Pc3 and fleming442

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor