Iowa,checkin in..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaked1985

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 2, 2016
Hey guys, just thought I'd stop and do an intro.. I'm an industrial maintenance guy by trade. Picked up a couple montes recently and came across this place.
First one was a t top 85 that the only thing worth saving was the roof. The next was a fairly solid 84 hard top roller. I dumped a 400 in it and it does some pretty nasty burnouts now.. ☺
Winter plans are to swap the t top roof over to the 84 and do the paint/body.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome to the best G-body site on the planet...
Post some pics of your project in progress...we'd love to see it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Jaked1985

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 2, 2016
I'll get some pics up sometime a little later. Haven't got bery far yet. Just swapped in an ss rear today to get rid of the 2.41 gears.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'll get some pics up sometime a little later. Haven't got bery far yet. Just swapped in an ss rear today to get rid of the 2.41 gears.
Well...that's positive progress. The gearing is going wake the car up...as you'll find out.

Jaked1985

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 2, 2016
Here's some pics. Went with malibu wagon progressive rate springs when i swapped the rear along withnew shocks. Need some new control arms though. The uppers are pretty weak/flimsy.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Good lookin' ride, man.
Looks likes a nice clean body.
It should be pretty cool when you do the T-top conversion... good winter project.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Welcome from Des Moines! Cool project. Measure 10 times, cut once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor