IROC-Z Wheels and tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

roachownsu

Greasemonkey
May 24, 2013
ok just got some 16 in.. iroc-z wheels and i was wondering how big of a tire i can use on the rear with these wheels./. i have heard you have to put the fronts in the rear.. and the rear in the fronts.. and some types of spacers.. i would like to get some of yalls inputs to make these wheels fit perfectly.. thanx

ok just got some 16 in.. iroc-z wheels and i was wondering how big of a tire i can use on the rear with these wheels./. i have heard you have to put the fronts in the rear.. and the rear in the fronts.. and some types of spacers.. i would like to get some of yalls inputs to make these wheels fit perfectly.. thanx
bump... anybody?

I had some IROC wheels on my regal for a while. I used some 1" spacers on the back for the rear wheels and of course the fronts bolt up with no problems. 1.25 spacers would be more ideal, especially if you want to run a bigger tire like a 255. I have IROC wheels on my car in my pic with 245's all around. The spacers I used were bolted on and then the wheels bolted to the spacers. I never had any problems with them. Had I kept them I was going to run 255's in the back.

I have the 16" IROC rims on my '84 Monte. Originally, I had 2 fronts and 2 rears. The rear rims have an offset difference of 13/16" as compared to the fronts. I had spacers and extra long studs made up for the rear of the car, in order to use the rear rims. I found a second set of rims, so I sold the 4 rear rims, and I'm using the 4 front rims now, and have put the stock type studs back in the rear axles. I'm using a thin spacer on the rear (approximately 1/8" thick) that GM used on some of the F body cars with the IROC rims. I've got P235/60R16 tires on all four corners. The car has been lowered approximately 1", and I was looking for a tire size that would kind of "fill up" the wheelwells, not necessarily the widest tire that would possibly fit on the car. I'm not 100% sure, but I think you could probably go up to a 245/50 or a 255/50.

I run all 4 fronts rims. 245/60 -16''

Attachments

• IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    666.6 KB · Views: 544
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor