is it a gbody or abody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Back in high school the Chrysler car lot I detailed for had a blue on blue 78 model buttless 442 for a little while. That along with several odd cars came through, the owner like the weird ones.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Pontiac used the "G" label to refer to the Grand Prix vs. the LeMans/Grand Am "A" all the way through the 70's and 1980. Then they went to "Asp" in 1981 for whatever reason and of course G in '82.... Not sure why the rest didn't. I had always thought Chevy did the same with the Monte vs. Malibu but that wasn't the case AFAIK.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I don't have the PPG shop info pack from the '82 model year anymore but they did have info on the new platforms for that year, J & G FWD cars. This was an early-early production thing that had listed the G's as Celebirty's, 6000's, Ceira's & Century's. There were later ones that listed it as J & A. Wish I knew what happened to that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor