Is your g body your daily driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoopty_Mike

Greasemonkey
Aug 5, 2012
CT
I drive my 87' cutlass supreme daily, it's not bad in the snow with the 2.14 open rear. I run snows on the rear with some weight in the back and fresh tires upfront and have no issues. I also sprayed the underside down with some 30 wieght oil, I will jack it up and spring and power wash it down. My el camino was horrible even with weight in the back. The economy gears these cars come stock with fair much better then anything performance oriented in the snow. I felt with posi in the el camino the back always wanted to slide and get away from you.

350Rocket

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 11, 2010
I drive 84 Cutlass daily, but not in the winter. I put 9000km's on it in the past 2 months driving to school (1 hour each way on the highway). I've got no rust, but the paint is horrible and at first glance you can't tell how good the car really is, but I still had some random guys in a parking lot the other day, asking to make sure I wasn't going to keep driving it in the snow.

My winter car is an 83 Caprice that's pretty solid and still somewhat shiny, I had a couple people last year almost mad at me for using it as a winter car. Crazy people don't realize how little these cars sell for. I couldn't buy a better winter car for $1500 than this one.

I put 100,000km's on the Cutlass just in summer driving over the past 4 summers and the Caprice got 35,000km's the past 2 winters. Knock on wood, neither have ever stranded me anywhere.

silverfox

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2012
Mine is a fairweather daily driver meaning that i drive it daily as long as it it dry outside. it is kept outside 23/7 under cover when i am not driving it. I would love to drive everyday but dont want it to get ruined in the raina dn snow here in Maryland. Also T-tops leake a little so until i replace seals i dont like it not being under cover when it rains
I cant wait to update motor and trans so i can enjoy the car more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor