It's a bird, no a plane, no a Regal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuff

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 3, 2010
So couple stories from my 84 Buick Regal..

first one was the first night i bought my regal. cut off the wrong guy and ended up getting chased around the city. took a shortcut down a weird alley and ended up launching out of the alley and onto the street a good 20ft away, lost a hubcap and luckily didn't hurt the car! scared the crap out of the 4 other guys in my car. Also during the flight out of the alley, the CD Walkman on the front seat flew up and hit the front passenger in the forehead lol. so you can tell how long ago this was!

Second one was about a year later. there was a highway south of my town that was fairly new and poorly built. well there was some nice "whoopty whoops" bumps forming in the highway that if you hit them doing 100km/hr that you almost got some air on them.... so one day heading back to town, about a mile from the bumps i put the loud pedal down and watched as the dash just sat there blinking at "137". for most of that mile. well when we hit the bumps, we (me +4 people in the car again) launched pretty good. At the same time a full size dodge van was coming in oncoming lane, as i went by i looked down at the roof of the van!! and then we hit the ground, bounced, hit the ground, bounced, and kept going. Didn't immediately hurt the car at all but a week later a U-Joint went on me...

Also had some fun in the winter once. drifting across some fields and stuff, some how hit something in the snow and knocked my starter clean outta the car....

And one time to I managed to hit a puddle pretty bad and hydro locked the car. was lucky and got it drained out and didnt hurt the motor (original 305).

So i know the stories might sound bs, but its happened. I was young and stupid. and no way in heck ill do that again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor