I've done the unthinkable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Mustangs aren't too bad. I like tha\e fact that they are a small, light car that has a V8. And they have even more aftermarket stuff than our gbodys do. The only thing I don't like is the 'unibody'.

G-BodyMaster

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 17, 2009
Franklin
Phoenyx said:
Mustangs aren't too bad. I like tha\e fact that they are a small, light car that has a V8. And they have even more aftermarket stuff than our gbodys do. The only thing I don't like is the 'unibody'.

yea i dont like the unibody cuz if ya crash em there as god as gone

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I have too also loved Fox body stangs for a bit. Everybody had one back when i was in high school ,or a Camaro and were constantly racing on the main roads.A buddy of mine had a Red Iroc and spanked quite a few other cars. He would tell everybody it had the 305 even though they knew it didn't . But anyways back to the Mustangs...I've driven a few 5.0 GT's , they are decent cars and when this one came up. It was a 84 and not what i really was looking for like 86-93 Mustang GT. What sold me was that it was a SVO and a 4cyl with turbo. So i hope that i will soon start some work on it and see if i can make it into a strong runner. On the other hand i have a hard time finding parts for my GP, the mustang is another story....

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
My uncle had an '84 Capri RS, my mom had an '82 Ghia, and my kid brother had a '79 RS. I love those cars. The fender flares and front ends look SO much better than the Mustangs

G-BodyMaster said:
i've always been a fan of mustangs and such if it makes ya feel ne better i'm puttin a Chevy 305 in it

Now why would you do that? For the amount of fabrication needed (yes I HAVE researched it) at least make it worth your while with a 350 or better. But you can build a 302 on the same budget and spank the hell out of any 305.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Go to the junkyard and pull the HO 5.0 out of a Lincoln Mark VII LSC. It is THE EXACT SAME ENGINE as a Mustang has. So, you get forged pistons, a roller cam and weak heads. However, it is infinitely better than a 305 due to the larger bore. Plus, the amount of used speed parts available is very good. Add a 8.8 rear axle and a T-5 and you'll be set.

If you enjoy pain and suffering though, why use a 305? No, you want the kind of fabrication hell only a 4.6 DOHC can provide! 295hp in stock form from a Lincoln Mark VIII though makes it tempting. Well, that and cross bolted main caps.

G-BodyMaster

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 17, 2009
Franklin
supercrackerbox said:
My uncle had an '84 Capri RS, my mom had an '82 Ghia, and my kid brother had a '79 RS. I love those cars. The fender flares and front ends look SO much better than the Mustangs

G-BodyMaster said:
i've always been a fan of mustangs and such if it makes ya feel ne better i'm puttin a Chevy 305 in it

Now why would you do that? For the amount of fabrication needed (yes I HAVE researched it) at least make it worth your while with a 350 or better. But you can build a 302 on the same budget and spank the hell out of any 305.

thats what i love about them the body lines and the grill and stuff look so much better than the mustangs

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
...or go one better and get a 4.6 dohc from a Lincoln Mark VIII. Same engine as '96-'98 Cobra with different intake. I have one and LOVE it.
THIS
001-2.jpg

PLUS THIS
DSC00776.jpg

005-3.jpg

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
DRIVEN said:
...or go one better and get a 4.6 dohc from a Lincoln Mark VIII. Same engine as '96-'98 Cobra with different intake. I have one and LOVE it.
THIS
001-2.jpg

PLUS THIS
DSC00776.jpg

005-3.jpg
Oh damn would that work on my mustang or should i keep it turbo'd?? I like this idea.

G-BodyMaster

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 17, 2009
Franklin
85GPLef41 said:
DRIVEN said:
THIS
001-2.jpg

PLUS THIS
DSC00776.jpg

005-3.jpg
Oh damn would that work on my mustang or should i keep it turbo'd?? I like this idea.

i say do that looks like a monster

G-BodyMaster

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 17, 2009
Franklin
if i put in the motor out the lincoln will it still need the AOD transmission? cuz them suckers are hard to get a hold of

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor