J-B Weld

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
If this is what you're talking about, I think it should work. https://www.jbweld.com/products/steelstik-epoxy-putty-stick

I've used this before. It worked great. Cut off a piece, kneed it, apply it, let it set. I've done this for a stripped out thread hole. Drilled it, tapped it and installed the bolt.

Hutch

Reactions: 1 users

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
I second the jb weld. Had the inlet of a muffler break once, not from rust, going over railroad tracks. I set it back up and used jb weld all around. Never had an issue again.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I would replace the part or take it to professional . Big thick part like that would requirec at least two torches to heat it up, maybe even a big oven for casting. Thick iron is hard to weld becausd it soaks up a lot of heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor