Status
Not open for further replies.

blizack

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2009
Toronto, On, Canada
Blake442 said:
Thanks jerk! Now I need to buy another Regal... :lol:

lol thats what I should have said to the guy who sold it to me. I saw the car once and the next day this happened -
5480_118447031063_688026063_3038365.jpg

blizack

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2009
Toronto, On, Canada
Thanks man. Layedoutregal, your car is real clean. And yea, our cars do look very similar. I think you're taking GB of the Month.

An update:

I need to drive my car 400km to get to the city where I'll be staying for university. My car was running fine but the tilt steering was loose so I began working on it without having all of the special tools. Since the tilt mechanism is said to be common in domestic cars, I thought getting the Pivot Pin Puller tool would be easy. I went to Canadian Tire: they never heard of it. I went to a GM bodyshop: they never heard of it (the GM Body shop said that they outsource all steering column jobs now.) NAPA autoparts: never heard of it. But at NAPA i did find the tool in their catalogue after pulling it out of the tellers' hands and they told me it'll take 2 weeks to get it in. Here in Ontario, I don't think there are any Snap-On stores but we do have distributors that operate in box trucks.

I finally got a Pivot Pin Puller from a guy Snap-On guy and I used it incorrectly and broke it. Part of the puller was broken off in the pivot pin - no problem, just drill it out. So next i get a broken screw extractor set and it says to drill a pilot hole. Now while drilling the pilot hole the drill bit breaks off inside of the broken pivot pin puller, which is in turn broken in the pivot pin. Luckily, the drill bit did not bend in the metal and I knocked it loose. So, in goes the screw extractor into the pilot hole, and then that breaks off inside of the broken pivot pin puller.

The thing that is so messed up about the whole pivot pin situation, is that I actually got the other pivot pin out using nuts and bolts that I bought at a hardware store. If I had just done that in the first place then I'd be doing pretty good right now. Also, I didn't have a steering wheel puller when starting the whole project. So I used a big rubber hammer to try and knock the wheel loose. What this actually had done though was pull the last 2 of the 4 loose torx screws holding the tilt assembly together. So, because all of the screws were out, they wouldn't line up to allow me to put everything back together. Now I haven't driven my car for a week.

So now the day before I'm supposed to leave for school in my car with all of my things, I have to hustle to get my steering back together. Not to mention i have last minute things to buy and pack.

layedoutregal

Greasemonkey
Jul 3, 2009
Waukegan IL
thanks..lol man were u having a bad day or what..dont get to pissed we all have them, i always run into problems with rusted bolts, where a torch and an impact cant get them off..good luck with school though..

blizack

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2009
Toronto, On, Canada
Its been a while...

School just started for me so I've been busy reading all day long. Anyways, I had fixed the pivot pin problem and now my tilt steering is solid. The car runs well but will need a complete change of fluids from front to back. The weather was good today so I thought I'd take some pictures that I've been planning for over a year. I'm pretty sure not many people could get this kind of landscape... My next photoshoot location will be the GM plant in Flint, Michigan where my car was made. Take a look guys.

GEDC0176-Copy.jpg

GEDC0191-Copy.jpg

GEDC0200-Copy.jpg

GEDC0195-Copy.jpg

GEDC0183.jpg

GEDC0194.jpg

GEDC0198-Copy.jpg

blizack

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2009
Toronto, On, Canada
I didn't realize how dirty it was till now lol. I've given it about 2000km of highway driving over the last 2 weeks so its hard to keep up with the cleaning.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Cool! ^^Yeah,I like the first 2 pics

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
looks good ! That looks like the Detoit Skyline from the Windsor side of the river.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor