Japan's Latest Automotive Trend-Dajiban!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
High-Speed-Molester-Van-4.jpg

All I can say is...WTF? I don't know whether this is awesome or awful, but....wow. So long as it is not labeled as "Pedobear Approved"...

http://hooniverse.com/blog/2010/02/...ster-vans-and-racing-to-create-something-new/

(The Wheels on that thing are AWESOME!!!! i think they are Watanabe's!)

you do realize, its photochop.

I think they look awesome. Sign me up.

Wasn't the Van thing already done in the 70's? If this is a new "trend" again, I think it will flame out quick.......... reason being full size vans don't get very good mileage. I have already heard gas will be over $3.00 a gallon by the time summer hits around here. $3.00 might be normal in California or something, but when it hits that around here Cali is normally over $4.

Sign me up..... I have been wanting to do the same thing for the last ten years, but haven't. I loved all the vans in the 70s and 80s vans growing up and have been wanting to recreate them, or mix modern with them. I love it.

ダッバンが大好きですよ!

「女の子! こっち! お菓子が欲しいだよ? 待ってよ! 子犬が迷子です! 助けて下さい?」 (run it thru yer transliterator of choice 😉 )

That I-5 place is in Setagaya somewhere W. of Tokyo. Makes you wonder if one of the local US mil. bases had a surplus sale or something, since they're all left-drive fleet vans. I can't imagine getting one of these behemoths licensed over there would be cheap, let alone parking it! Still its pretty cool.

And so's this kid from the yahoo.jp group photos.

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/r_q_collectibl ... 1266986836

Hmmm a slammed Dodge shorty van with a 440 shoved under the dog house, a set of of those funky finned aluminium wheels (like on the A-Team Van and the General Lee), and a healthy coating of glossy black, 2 racing buckets, a tool box and some extra parts in the back, and a bag of candy for the kiddies.... Sounds like a good time :twisted:

Sweet! :banana:

Finally a Japanese trend I approve of! At least they're playing with American V8's instead of those grapefruit shooter equiped blah machines.

I love it!
Rape vans + high performance = win.

A buddy and myself have already been struggling with an unhealthy infatuation with getting a rape van and putting a rowdy motor in it... This really doesn't help... :lol:

I'll take mine with an A-Team paint scheme!

Look, they're drifting!
High-Speed-Molester-Van-8.jpg

And Beermonkey, the only thing photoshopped in that first pic is the trans-cooler in the grille and the tow hook under the bumper. And possibly the black hood...

yeah, thats what i ment but was too drunk to type anymore. the hood, oil cooler, tow hook.

ive wanted to find a late 70's, early 80's gmc short van to do up like the a team van, but with a 400 sbc and a procharger. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor