Junkyard treasures!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
went down to a local yard today to find a bunch of g bodies hiding there!!
monte carlo labeled "dont touch"
p_00177.jpg

p_00178.jpg

here is a 79 cutlass with a red interior in mint condition
p_00185.jpg

p_00186.jpg

heres an elco with a chevy straight six in the bed
p_00187.jpg

clean white grand prix, im mad the console broke into a billion pieces when i tried to pull it
p_00188.jpg

here is the console that broke up
p_00189.jpg

and here are the bezels i got for 5 dollars for the set, like new condition
p_00193.jpg

Nice yards like this are hard to come by,i've been to many with tons of g bodies sitting there,too bad the guy overprices but even then there are some nice buys if you can find the part you need.

No G-bodies at all in NYC, just j* crap and SUVs. You really have to be lucky to find one. I envy you guys out in the country where cars can sit for years before getting crushed.

There were quite a few at the yards near me (at least 15-20) a few months ago but they are getting crushed and now there are less than 10. New ones come in but not at the rate they are going away.

i'm jealous of all of you for being able to pull your own parts. the closest junkyard to me that allows that is 2 hours away. all of the local boys require that you ask them if they have the part, then they check the computer, and tell you yes or know, and if they have it, they go get it. and most of our junkyards will tell you if it's more than 15 years old, they do NOT have it... even if you can see the part you need, on the car throught the perimeter fence. "the computer says we don't have it, so we must not have it" :wtf:

boy do i feel sorry for you. i had to go pull my parts because there were no yard guys to help me lol.

I love junkyarding!!! never know what ur gonna find!! About 2 years ago i ran into a complete 86 442 at a local yard, i tried and tried but they would not sell me the whole car.

ah sh*t that reminds me i forgot to see what kinda rear that was on that 350 calais

84hurst said:
I love junkyarding!!! never know what ur gonna find!! About 2 years ago i ran into a complete 86 442 at a local yard, i tried and tried but they would not sell me the whole car.

I hope you got the trans and rear end out of it.

pimplogic said:
p_00187.jpg

clean white grand prix, im mad the console broke into a billion pieces when i tried to pull it
p_00188.jpg

here is the console that broke up
p_00189.jpg

Get the lid off that console if you didn't already. Also check that GP for an aluminum core support. worth some coin if you can pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor