FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
17x9.5 with 245/45ZR17's and 17x11 with 315/35ZR17's:

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

I'm going bigger though eventually. 17's look a bit on the small side and 20's look a little too big.

I had the rendering of my car done with 19's which are a good compromise for looks, size and being able to fit HUGE brakes under them.

87_Cutlass_FX_Render_Mascoll_Designs_STRIPES_SMALL-2.jpg

As far as raise white letters your going to have a hard time finding them in a 17" or larger tire that isn't meant for a truck. There was a company that was making white walls and red line tires in the larger sizes but I can't find them at the moment. And as expected, they were EXPENSIVE!

Your only other option would be to use the white paint pens that are meant for tires. They can look pretty good but do not last forever and will need to be touched up every so often.

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Max Headroom said:
Just remember that even though the taller wheels use much lower profile tires, at some point you begin to lose turning radius. I went from 235 50 16" to 245 45 18" on the front of my 94 Mustang (please - no boos, it's my wife's car) and the damn thing could'nt turn around in a football stadium. My wife bitched till I took em off and went with a narrower tire.

Lol, I was just about to boo ha but i'm going to do something because them 14's not gone work to much longer.

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
maliburacinfreak said:
TeezySupreme said:
Alright, they both look nice i wanted to get a set of 17 inch Racing rims and throw white letters on it I be having random ideas sometimes.
good luck finding 17" white letter tires

Lol, Somebody gone make me some I hope :-/.

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
FE3X CLONE said:
17x9.5 with 245/45ZR17's and 17x11 with 315/35ZR17's:

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

I'm going bigger though eventually. 17's look a bit on the small side and 20's look a little too big.

I had the rendering of my car done with 19's which are a good compromise for looks, size and being able to fit HUGE brakes under them.

87_Cutlass_FX_Render_Mascoll_Designs_STRIPES_SMALL-2.jpg

As far as raise white letters your going to have a hard time finding them in a 17" or larger tire that isn't meant for a truck. There was a company that was making white walls and red line tires in the larger sizes but I can't find them at the moment. And as expected, they were EXPENSIVE!

Your only other option would be to use the white paint pens that are meant for tires. They can look pretty good but do not last forever and will need to be touched up every so often.

Those wheels are nice!! but woah 315 lol but the pic with the 19" do it that rendering is beautiful with those on.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
you can get paint pens, they come in different colors and you can turn the raised black letters into white letters, red, yellow...summit sells them but i have some from an old employer, they're just regular paint markers really. summit sells them for 6 bucks a pen but im sure you can find them locally easily.

just an idea...

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Depa ... s=Rank|Asc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor