Just in. NEW NEW NEW

Welcome to the GBodyForum!
It looks as though you have a very nice start. I have to agree with scoti. Enjoy your ride and give it some careful thought and consideration. That is exactly what I did. I knew I was going to swap the engine and trans but I ran my old stuff until it dropped. And I knew it would since it was weak when I bought it. Start putting together the engine/trans combo in preparation for your swap to make a seamless (ish) transformation.

Welcome aboard!
Nice clean Malibu survivor. That seems to be a popular color on these cars.
I agree as far as driving and enjoying the car as is. You can always start building a new powerplant while you're still enjoying the car, rather than have it lay up doing nothing. I agree with Tim regarding doing a few suspension upgrades.

Hi there. Just bought this a month ago and I love it. 1979 Chevy Malibu Base with AC, 231 Buick and Auto. I have worked over the column so the shifter isn't stuck, turn signals now work. Worked over the fuel system so it starts and runs. Changed the sensors and converted over to R134 so the AC works great. Added tint. Changed out the wheels and tires for rally rims. I added a pioneer Bluetooth radio yesterday. This car has changed a bit in a short time.
Sweet!

Reactions: Sweet_Johnny
231 or 229?

Reactions: Jester01
nice bu! would recommend enjoying it at least one full cruizing season before modding anything... very easy to fall into the "while I'm in here" trap, and next thing you know, it's been on blocks for 10 years...

nice bu! would recommend enjoying it at least one full cruizing season before modding anything... very easy to fall into the "while I'm in here" trap, and next thing you know, it's been on blocks for 10 years...
You speak truth. I built an engine for my 72 mustang that sat on an engine stand for 16 years.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor