Just ordered Metro Basic WEATHERSTRIP Kit T-top

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's not t-tops, but I got Metro's door seals for my wagon this past spring, and I was quite pleased with the quality.
Obviously, nothing beats original GM parts, but NOS weather stripping is getting so hard to find, and extremely pricey.

They're local to me, and I'll definately buy another set for my 442 once the time comes...

I just ordered a metro door, roof and trunk kit. I've used aftermarket weatherstrip before with good success....damn, it's only rubber! Used softseal and Steele, like 'em both...bought Metro cause of the super low, Tamraz/ebay price. Just use some GM silicone emulsion on them and they'll seal like a #$#%&#^& for a long time. Had original T-top seals on my 80' Turbo TA and not a drop of water came through but I used the silicone emulsion twice a year.

Where do you get this silicone emulsion? I did a search and found references to it but no links to where to buy it. 🙁

I also put Metro on all 4 doors of my wagon last year. Overall I'm satisfied with them, although there's a small air leak at the upper rear corners of both front doors that I can't seem to get rid of.

Gm Silicone emulsion is (or was) only available at GM dealerships. Try calling your local GM parts desk to see if they still stock it. When i went to pick some up, the parts guy was kind of surprised and mentioned nobody has ever ask for it but did agree it's an awesome product. Even came with a brush attached to the inside of the cap. May be discontinued, like everything else at GM parts stores.

So this stuff is like a coating that you brush on the weatherstripping every so often?

Yeah, it's a watery solution and it keeps the weatherstrip from drying out, makes it look nice and shiny black, and helps keep its shape. Another great product is Meguirs vinyl and plastic conditioner, #40 i think. I use it on all my rubber parts on my chopper and interior detailing on cars.....dashes, etc. Won't dry out your plastic, rubber and vinyl like armorall does and doesn't have that fake shine either. Hope theres no Armorall rep on this site....lol.

You can use dialectric grease too on the weatherstrips for a good seal and shine. We use it at work to pinpoint what seal is not sealing properly when someone comes in with a wind noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor