Just Registered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
Lurked here for quite a few years. My first car was a 79 Malibu back in '89, I have owned 6 of them since. I currently have a black on black bucket seat 305 4 speed car with PW,PL,tilt. Its a rough old car but maybe it will be worth something someday. I also have a black/carmine malibu that is undergoing a frame off with an LS 6 speed.

Jason

Welcome aboard, Jason.
Yeah, post some pics of your cool, black Malibu.. I've already seen a pic or two of it...nice car. 8)
This is a great site...not as uptight as MR.. :wink:

Welcome

here is one before i took it apart. I havent taken any pics lately. The frame is going to the blaster the end of this week, I have about 50% of the floor boards cleaned up. I found a few pin holes I need to fix, I am going to remove the spare tire well and I need to finish welding in the trans tunnel, I had to modify it for the T56.
Crappy Iphone pic
thanks for looking Jason

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 239
file.php

Aww MAN! thats awesome! you gonna keep that theme for the rebuild? that looks killer. 8)

yes, It will have the 17" steel wheels with dog dish caps, it did have a glass cowl hood, but it didnt fit for sh*t, I am going back with a flat hood and keeping the chin spoiler. I will probably black out the window and door handle trim. I kept the bench seat-I had to notch it to clear the shifter. I have a factory round gauges I am going to use. I have a factory heat only box with glovebox, controls etc, but will probably leave the air in it.

For the suspension I have hotckiss bars front and back, UMI front uppers with tall ball joints and stock lower with tall ball joints. I have some C5 calipers, but I need to make sure they will fit inside my wheels before I buy the rest of the parts for it. The rear I have UMI upper and lowers with roto joints. I have been PM'ing a member here about a 8.5.

The LS1 is from a 2000 corvette, I am going to get a texas speed MS3 cam, that will be it for engine mods right now. I smoothed the valve covers and relocated the coils to the toe boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor