just wanted to say hi :) from Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

torjan

Apprentice
Mar 27, 2009
Germany, upper Bavaria
Hello,

My name is Dierk comming from Germany (Bavaria) and owning a '84 Buick Regal "Somerset" with 305 SBC

buick1.jpg

buick2.jpg

buick3.jpg

the car is nearly stock (Eibach Springs, exhaust 2,5" stainless steel and some mild colored film for the windows in the back), and in good shape, i'm the 2nd Owner and the first one was a merchant from swiss (so its a Canada/swiss export-modell)

Plan for the engine is another intake, corvette Ram horns and a recalibrated rochester-carb.

torjan said:
Plan for the engine is another intake, corvette Ram horns and a recalibrated rochester-carb.

Welcome! Very clean car, I have to ask why use the ram horns? It's not much of an upgrade from stock. You should be able to buy some nice shorty headers for not too much (if not full size headers). Ram horns are sort of a last resort option if a motor swap is tight.

tyvm for the welcome 🙂

@custom442 the stock manifolds has 1 3/4" exhaust size, the '62 ram horns 2 1/2" and look custom, so no much probs with trafficinspections AND 110$ for both are a nice alternative. i thought on header, but which one? if i want to have some better once price ist >450 with ceramic or stainless steel.
and which one fits 100% with AC, Powersteering etc.
i expected probs with heat and the kind ofsound, too.
its no race car 😉 so the smoother sound would be better (i guess)
its only a small performance gain, motorswap (350) would be to expensive and with th250c and 7,5" 1:2,29 (2,73) 205/70 more HP not very standable.

Carsten said:
Hi from germany , too 🙂
I am from Dortmund . Having a 79 Oldsmobile Cutlass. Check my pics !
Welcome here.
Gruss , Carsten

nice funcar 😉 front is lowered with spindles?

I understand, the ram horns are a step up from stock... but if you had the choice you might go with some shorty's. That way you can keep your stock exhaust. Check out the first 5 or 6 listings on this site:
http://www.summitracing.com/search/year ... =Price|Asc

Not sure where you could find some for cheap shipping though. I have a feeling summit would be expensive to ship overseas. You might call some of those companies offering shorties and find out if they do clear stock A/C and heater boxes (they should fit without any problems) and how much shipping would be.

I think it'd be better if you could grab one of those 90-150$ headers, but if shipping is over 60$ I'd stick with your ram horn idea.

decission was made 😉 , ram horns was ordered last week at rockauto.com. shipping was 90$

i'm not having a good feeling about the lowcost headers cause of rust after some time and the heat/sound. alternative i thought about a TES system from edelbrock

we'll see how satisfied i'm with the horns 😉 a custom Y-pipe in 2,5" will be build to, to complete the exhaust

buick4.jpg

btw. shocks have been changed from koni red to monroe for a smoother ride, the koni was too european-style 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor