just wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodybag

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 27, 2008
Maryland
would anybody have any pics of a grand prix with a two-tone paint job, i just want to see how it would look, thanks

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Pontiac offered a two-tone paint option from 78 to 80 that I know about. The 79-80 was the most dramatic. Check ebay for pics.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
normal_img_0288.jpg

more here: http://gbodyforum.com/photos/thumbnails-1.html

The two tone went all the way through the GP through '87. Off hand I don't remember what year they went to the "faded" two tone, with the striping, but it put the lower color further down the body. Somewhere I've got a pic of my '86 before it went to the yard, I'll put it up if I can find it.

[EDIT: Yup, here she was]

normal_00000008.jpg

Sent off to the yard after the 231 spun a bearing and I found out the car had been back-halfed and the welds were all cracking and sagging... :( shame.

DSM

Apprentice
Feb 1, 2008
Michigan
(not my car)

86_GPLE.jpg

also, if you look in my photo album you can find some other pictures of factory two-tone GPs in the dealer brochures.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
KON1786 said:
HEY GP403 I got a door off one that strips down the bottom. it was all black and the lower half had like silver stripes. it painted but it was different looking then any GP paint ive seen
Yeah, now that you mention it there was a third two tone like you say, with the stripes. They should get narrower as it 'fades' into the other color. forgot about that one! I'll see if I can't find a pic of that one.

KON1786

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 29, 2008
outside of Philadelphia PA
GP403 said:
KON1786 said:
HEY GP403 I got a door off one that strips down the bottom. it was all black and the lower half had like silver stripes. it painted but it was different looking then any GP paint ive seen
Yeah, now that you mention it there was a third two tone like you say, with the stripes. They should get narrower as it 'fades' into the other color. forgot about that one! I'll see if I can't find a pic of that one.

yea if ya look close at my pics ya can see it almost.. its the only one ive seen like it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor