keislerauto.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
they have complete kits to swap your old auto transmission with a tremec manual transmission.

includes everything you might need. for 4 grand though. seems a bit steep but seems like a really nice kit though.

and better than piecing something together yourself, they do the hard work for you.

hybrid_malibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 7, 2006
Big Spring, Texas
I read an article in Car Craft about their swap kits just today. It's in the Feb 06' issue. Kits look very straight forward. I was looking at one of these but as far as I can teel they only come in 5-speeds. This is still cool but I want that extra gear. They can also hook you up with repo pedals and linkage too. SWEET

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
Thats all fine and dandy if you got $4000 to do the swap.
I pieced my own together for a whole lot less. Just got to find the right doner car :D
I swapped in 88GTA TPI and 5 speed into my monteSS and I love it. Sure the extra gear would be nice but beggers can't be choosers.

Arok

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 3, 2006
Gainesville, Florida
G_Body_Enthusiast said:
and better than piecing something together yourself, they do the hard work for you.

That's a matter of opinion. Some would say the oposite. I don't think It's outrageous for a performance manual transmission kit though, I just don't have near that to spend..................but yeah, I want one

hybrid_malibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 7, 2006
Big Spring, Texas
I looked at the Keisler units but I'm not buying one. I just liked the option that they have reproduction pedals and linkage. Manual equipped cars are getting very scarce in west Texas. Junkyard jewels are my favorite and a used T56 from a destroyed F-body is fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor