Kinda Newbe in Mass

Status
Not open for further replies.

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
well i'v been off an on this board for awhile so heres my car
78 Monte Carlo Landau with factory power windows, locks, seats, moonroof, trunk release, cruise, even the factory trash can basically everything you could order back in the day.
Drivetrain wise i just dropped in a 496 BBC stroker dynoed at 625hp/610 tq all on 92 octane pump gas. Built up th-350 with 3500 stall convertor, 8.5" 3.42 geared posi rear end with adjustable upper arms and box lowers. Just replumbed by fuel system with a sumped stock tank with -10AN lines going to the mechanical fuel pump then -8AN to the carb.
Also redid the front suspenson with aftermarket adjustable upper control arms, tubular lower arms, modified g-body spindle with 13" corvette brakes and converted it from vacuum to hydroboost brakes.
up next for it is to build a custom subwoofer box, all new stereo, finish up the air conditioning. Yes a big block with air conditioning!!! then get her painted up.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
that sounds amazing, pics would be amazing-er

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
Welcome Back! I would love to see some pictures of that awesome ride of yours. It sounds like a beast. I would love to see some pictures of the BB Chevy under the hood. A BB Chevy and a 3rd Gen Monte. It don't get any better than that. WOW!! Can't wait to see some pictures.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
welcome to the site!

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
Well i added some pics of the car and motor to the gallery here, so take a look, i added some of the new gauge setup and the new motor. i will have to take some of the motor installed though, hopefully it gets warmer so i can!

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
78MC-BBC said:
Well i added some pics of the car and motor to the gallery here, so take a look, i added some of the new gauge setup and the new motor. i will have to take some of the motor installed though, hopefully it gets warmer so i can!
Motor looks nice. Don't forget the pictures when the motor is in.

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
Well the motor is in, but it looks dirty from sitting this winter plus i got a big hole where the AC/box is, i need to patch it this spring, or whenever New England warms up. i have pics of the installed motor and the cowl hood if you guys want to see them?

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
78MC-BBC said:
Well the motor is in, but it looks dirty from sitting this winter plus i got a big hole where the AC/box is, i need to patch it this spring, or whenever New England warms up. i have pics of the installed motor and the cowl hood if you guys want to see them?

Hell YA! I can't wait to see them. I may put a Big Block in my car some day. I want to know what kind of room I will have and kind of general idea what it will look like under the hood. I'm drooling just thinking about it. LOL!!

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
well i put up a pic of the 496BBC motor installed, its not the greatest but it gives you the idea. Also there are a few pics of the "Showcars Fiberglass" hood in the album too.

p.s. its a lot easier to change sparkplugs with the big block then it ever was with any small block i had in the car, honestly i think its easier to work on. Just got to fix the AC box as soon as the weather turns better here. Then also got to do some wiring up for the gauges and the electric fans then hook up the AC lines, thne of course do the LS1 rear 12" disc swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor