King of the hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

devildog214

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 19, 2009
Well it was finally time to prove to my friends that my near stock 1987 monte carlo ss was no slouch. We traveled to pennsylvania just over the bridge to an airport municipal road. The place was awesome, you punch in a keypad to get in, barely any cars, good roads, bends, tunnels. It was something out of Lemans. The first friend i beat was a 90s prelude SH 5spd, it never had a chance from start to finish. Then it was a 1993 mitsubishi 3000gt sl, that outcome was even worse. People around couldnt believe i had one, my "old, heavy, automatic" had beaten a more technologically advanced rice rocket. The next day we were back in school, the kids couldnt believe i had taken a 3000gt, because everyone sorta worships his car for being very sleek and ferrari-like, but the performance was horrible. This friday we're going back again with a few more cars, a 2009 scion tc, and a 1993 saturn sl2, those should be no problem. And i cant wait to see the outcome when i get my headers and intake manifold.

A bit of info on the car, its a white 87 ss with t-tops 80k miles 7.5 10 bolt posi with 3.73s. 2.5 inch flowmasters gutted cat, no egr, smog pump, air pipes. Everything stock. Just had a full restoration

Have fun but be careful. Wait till you start to make your car go fast then you will never talk about beating ordinary slow commuter cars again. What you have is a great platform to build a great all around fun fast car.

qxs6m1.jpg

What's the outcome of the races?
Where in Jersey do you live? (Noticed you're inspection... :wink: ) I live in central jersey... Maybe we can get a "youth oriented" g-body club going... Quite a few young guys with g-bodies around this area.
Geussing you're in high school too? What year are you in? I've noticed we have quite a few kids on this forum :banana:
VERY nice ride for a high school student. :respect:

watch out for the rearend, dont hink that it will last forever, its only a 7.5. have fun and start taking their money...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor