Kirby: A Real Man's Vacuum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wake

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2008
I used to sell them when I couldnt find any other work. Hey you do what you have to do to pay the bills. Anyway, I ran across many people who were still running ancient Kirbys. Of course I did my job and sold them the new one anyway. A lot of times the old ones just needed a new belt!! However I didn't get paid to NOT sell the new one, so I didn't say anything about just buying a new belt.

So now I don't trust salesman that come to MY door, simply because I used to be one heh.

Yes they are a good machine. The version I sold probably 16 years ago had a self propelled feature, you just leaned into the handle a bit and it would go, some sort of drive assist, forward and back.

Do you guys remember that funky ozone smell in the air when someone was using a kirby nearby? I can remember that from when my mom had a kirby in the 70s.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I never trust a salesman to tell me everything. I always do plenty of research before making a purchase. That's why I don't get their continued use of door to door sales alone to sell their product. If it is as good as they claim, it would sell well in a specialty store dedicated to high end vacuums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor