L69

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
I have always wondered how much power you can realistically get out of the L69?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I have always wondered how much power you can realistically get out of the L69?

Depends on how much air you want to stuff in it and how well you can tune. I've seen many a thread about 500 whp 305's with a blower at less than 16psi.

It could be all lore and folk tales. But if you up for it and local, then I'll give you a hand if you lose the dang carb.

88ss408

Master Mechanic
Feb 25, 2007
baie st anne n.b
You can get 300 N/A up without getting to exotic.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
I am asking purley out of curiosity. I am planning a future engine swap on a 83-88 Monte SS and was just wondering how much potential this motor has. Toying with the idea of possibly using that motor for something else down the road but not sure how hard it would be to get decent power. would be looking to do it on pure motor.

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
Ive got an Edelbrock intake for sale its the same as a 2101, but has the EGR stuff if you need that for emissions, the 305 I took it off of pulled pretty strong for what it was.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor