CUTLASS Lead: 1984 Olds VIN Y E4MC Float Bowl (main body) Q-jet

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Not mine.

VIN Y float bowl (aka main body), 800 cfm E4MC with Olds front feed filter style. For 1984 carbs and earlier. 85-up roller VIN Y carbs were slightly different. Just for reference, these were $425.67 list price at the dealership. So if you're rebuilding an E-jet carb and you have some screwed up threads (especially the lean stop screw threads), or it's warped, damaged, etc., and you can use this to fix your stuff, it's a screaming good deal. 83-85 VIN 9 was different in the primary jet area. Afaik, that's the only difference between the VIN Y and VIN 9 of that era (flat-tapped E-jets), but not sure. So if you have a VIN 9, you should be able to just swap out the primary jets in theory, and be good to go. Comes with VIN Y jets and check ball/screw, front filter and fitting, curb idle screw/spring, secondary jets installed (just little washers basically), and vent tubes.

Reactions: 3 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
That is a good deal for a unmolested main body.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I bought one thinking I'd just stash it in case I needed it for something. Never know. Well, apparently with my carb refurbish it ends up I just may need it to save a hosed main body.

But nobody was acting on it so I went ahead and bought the other one, too.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I bought one thinking I'd just stash it in case I needed it for something. Never know. Well, apparently with my carb refurbish it ends up I just may need it to save a hosed main body.

But nobody was acting on it so I went ahead and bought the other one, too.
So when are we going to see you & the collection on Hoarders, G-Body Olds edition?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor