CUTLASS LEAD: NOS L&R Amber Front Parking Lamps 81-88 RWD Cutlass 2-door. p/n 22511038/22511039

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
No dog in the hunt.

$128 BIN price plus any applicable sales tax. Free shipping. That's $64 each. I'd say that's pretty good for GM parts.

Just passing it along in case anyone needs them.

Reactions: 1 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Those things are beautiful.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
ok, I see it has a modern GM box and sticker. but if I google that part#, I also find many references to re-pops (understandable for x-ref purposes) and this

seller appears to be a dealership in Michigan. so are these authentic GM or CCC?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You can examine a real one and a repop and immediately tell the differences very quickly. For one, the aftermarket ones have chrome on the sides of the lens perimeter, not just on the facing like GM ones do. That's a dead giveaway because the GM ones were cheaply done with chrome hot stamping pads. Mostly they were silver painted around the side edges of the perimeter. Additionally, some backings were all chrome like the Ebay ones, and other times a gray plastic. I believe the "earlier" versions were gray plastic. The backing section was glued to the front lens and the glue had a whitish-clear look to it. And it's STRONG glue. But not placed too neatly. Can't see it in place anyway, but GM vendors were sorta sucky in the excess glue department on those front parking lenses. It does seem to have the tissue paper wrap that wrapped around the facing of the lenses. Most GM ones came that way. I say most because a few times I've had them where they were just a part in a box. Nothing more, nothing less.

That GM parts bin website one MIGHT be something worth checking into if you needed one. Provided they still have it available. 9 times out of 10, they won't have one in stock. Don't know how long ago their inventory was updated. But you won't know if you don't ask. Those are GM websites that are SUPPOSED to only sell GM parts from a GM warehouse. Not for third party or aftermarket stuff. After shipping and tax, it's around $45, provided it's in stock. Which still isn't bad.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor