Let's talk Canadian.... (specifically Alberta)

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Sorry to hear about the Cancer, it sucks! I wish I was closer to Edmonton, 8.5 hours for me. When I went to College, one of my classmates had a 85, 4 door Ton and a 1/4 4×4 ex military, that was sbc 350 swapped. It actually came with a 4.3 V6 factory supposedly, bet that was a slug! My In Laws had the same thing with a 85 4 door 1 1/4 ton+ long box 2wd and factory 350. My Wife called it the Hutterite mobile, she is Mennonite on her Mom's side, close enough. Hope someone can help you out.
Appreciated, and, I agree.

The worst thing about Cancer from my perspective is how much better I felt *before* starting the treatment that is supposed to make you feel better!!! One day you go in for run of the mill bloodwork, feeling pretty good overall, and they tell you you've got XYZ going on. Then, they pump you full of stuff that makes you almost wish you never took the tests!

Oh well. We'll see. I'd just feel a lit better if someone can put some physical eyes on it and poke around a bit. End of the day its an almost 50 year old truck so itll need work assuredly.

But, I told myself as i hit milestones I'm going to reward myself. New spa tub is slated for delivery in the next 4-8 weeks.

We're looking at an enclosed trailer, probably 20/24 ft and dual 5k axles of necessity.

I want a pickup that can haul a substantial in bed camper, with 4x4... So either a nice 70s squarebody, or, a gmt800 8.1l/Allison combo. that's the reward for dealing with this so far.r/tmmm.

Finally, looking at a change in my car stable. 2 of the mustangs are on their way out , and that's going to let me pursue wither a bucket list item or re-live the past.

You've got me convinced, and I hail from farther north that a great many that call themselves Canadian.
I think I left out I used to enjoy watching the Red Green show when id spend time visiting family as well. Hopefully it's bonus points for that .

Reactions: 1 user

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Definitely if I was closer would help where I could. Yet kind of hard when all the way in South West. Sadly when working at one of the mobilization sites during early nineties saw many of these go out to the impact area as targets.

The thick coating on the frame is most likely CARC paint. It was a chemical resistant and radar scattering paint. You had to be in full hazmat to paint it and once dried the paint was darn near bullet proof.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Appreciated, and, I agree.

The worst thing about Cancer from my perspective is how much better I felt *before* starting the treatment that is supposed to make you feel better!!! One day you go in for run of the mill bloodwork, feeling pretty good overall, and they tell you you've got XYZ going on. Then, they pump you full of stuff that makes you almost wish you never took the tests!

Oh well. We'll see. I'd just feel a lit better if someone can put some physical eyes on it and poke around a bit. End of the day its an almost 50 year old truck so itll need work assuredly.

But, I told myself as i hit milestones I'm going to reward myself. New spa tub is slated for delivery in the next 4-8 weeks.

We're looking at an enclosed trailer, probably 20/24 ft and dual 5k axles of necessity.

I want a pickup that can haul a substantial in bed camper, with 4x4... So either a nice 70s squarebody, or, a gmt800 8.1l/Allison combo. that's the reward for dealing with this so far.r/tmmm.

Finally, looking at a change in my car stable. 2 of the mustangs are on their way out , and that's going to let me pursue wither a bucket list item or re-live the past.

I think I left out I used to enjoy watching the Red Green show when id spend time visiting family as well. Hopefully it's bonus points for that .
The treatment and aftermath have been brutal for my Wife. She went through Chemo and a ton of radiation. Then there is the graft vs host. If my In Laws truck was 4wd, I would have wanted it for all the reasons you mention. Red Green was great, you can see his influence in the Vice Grip Lodge channel. Derek growing up right near the border meant he would pick up CBC and CTV TV signals. I lived in Melita in 1996 to 1998, Derek and I could have thrown rocks at each other. We picked up the CBS and NBC from Minot, ND. Another huge influence on young Canadians and Americans on our border was Mr Dress-up. He was an American, Ernie Coombs, he was good friends with Fred Rodgers, who he started out with. Mr Dress-up was way better than Mr Rodgers, both great guys, Ernie was more talented.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The thick coating on the frame is most likely CARC paint. It was a chemical resistant and radar scattering paint. You had to be in full hazmat to paint it and once dried the paint was darn near bullet proof.
Kinda. I worked at a place that did military subcontracting for the local contractors. CARC was sprayed with just basic paint protection. Both regular & water based.

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Definitely if I was closer would help where I could. Yet kind of hard when all the way in South West. Sadly when working at one of the mobilization sites during early nineties saw many of these go out to the impact area as targets.

Kinda. I worked at a place that did military subcontracting for the local contractors. CARC was sprayed with just basic paint protection. Both regular & water based.
That CARC is a bear to remove once it's on. I bought a few sets of bedsides that had the desert pattern paint on them. Nasty stuff, lots of safety precautions for it.

But then again, for a paint designed to have biological and nuclear contamination hit it and be rinsed if after I guess it needs to be tough.

I'd probably keep this as-is and if it had issues buy either surplus green carc or desert tan carc and spray over what's here. Never again would I try to remove the stuff

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
I'm not surprised. We were told how toxic it was, the one write-up I saw was full of guys in full hazmat.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor