Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Very interested to see how all this goes

Reactions: 1 user

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
What did it start out as? Looks like a 84'? GN interior for the most part but maroon floors. The front seats look pretty boring, good call not using them.

I might be interested in the rear seats as cores, they have a different style/contour than other g-body rear seats.

88MONTESS

Greasemonkey
Sep 27, 2009
Carb on an LS, huh?

Yep I’ve swapped a couple cars in the past and always did efi. I figured I’d try this out seeing as it came from the Previous owner this way. Definitely learning as I go.

IMO if you are going to run a carb I would run your feed line to a regulator that is in front of the carb and then flip your fuel line around, that way you are not fighting G force to get it in the carb and then you can also run higher pressure to the regulator.

Makes sense
I may try that once I get it on the road

88MONTESS

Greasemonkey
Sep 27, 2009
It's an automatic; what's the shifter going to help?

This thread should be called "Level A.D.D. Build". :p

I prefer a shifter that will take a reverse plate when using a reverse MVB 🤔

Man are those rad hoses are tiny, obviously the LS are easy to cool. Sucks that so much leaks on this car, I imagine the floor is toast. Obviously they did the LS swap as cheaply as possible, big Holley carb and factory exhaust manifolds. I assume a reverse manual TH350?

I agree hoses seem small. Cooling seems fine so far.

Floor does have some spots but not horrible.

Yes definitely some budget minded mods involved. However I think efi would have been the same price seeing that the intake manifold and ICM retail for around $700.

Could have surely just did a harness and tune.

Yes trans is a ATI th350 with RMVB

Reactions: 1 users

88MONTESS

Greasemonkey
Sep 27, 2009
What did it start out as? Looks like a 84'? GN interior for the most part but maroon floors. The front seats look pretty boring, good call not using them.

I might be interested in the rear seats as cores, they have a different style/contour than other g-body rear seats.

Rear seats are yours for cheap. Lmk

Car is a Maroon 84 Regal T type.

Front seats will be used for now. However I plan on changing them out ASAP

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Hey! You came back! I was just giving you crap. Just my opinion, but I don't see the point in a carbed LS or mvb on a street car, unless....... a blow through is in order.
Others will confirm that I'm not a big fan of the LS swap.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Others will confirm that I'm not a big fan of the swap, especially in YET ANOTHER F-ING CUTLASS!!!! DAMMIT, MAN!
Except that it is a Regal.

• Haha

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
My bad; had him confused with the other new guy. I'll rescind, but you quoted me..
That's OK, I have have had my Monte called a GN more times than it's been called a Monte.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor