What is a set worth? Picked up a set today
1683407157086594059355777573115.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

john87442

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2021
Geneva ohio
Not sure exactly. Different values between 3speed and 4. And condition. But for original lighting rods that are getting harder to find I’d say good score.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Take a pic of the driver side detents and we can see if it's a 3 or 4 speed version.

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
If that's a yellow paint dot that I see it did come out Hurst car. My spare and the one in my car has that yellow dot. Now that being said, when I replaced them at the dealership they didn't have a yellow dot.
It doesn't matter if has dot or not as long it's a 4 speed shifter. There is a difference between original shifters that came in the Hurst and the ones you buy at a speed shop. The ones at speed shops the sticks were longer than ones that came originally in the Hurst. There is another difference I can't remember right now, getting old.

Reactions: 2 users

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
I did find a picture of mine after I took it apart and added more grease to it, these shifters had hardly any grease on them when new. This picture is 16 years old my spare is at my other garage. You can see the yellow dot.
20230506_185211.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Hard to say if that's the only piece you have.

It is indeed an H/O version. You can see in the detent where it's in drive currently (which allows you to operate the second gear shifter), and if the second gear lever is forward, you can then push down the button on the left rod and slide it forward to the lower detent stop in OD, then let go. Then you can just shove it into neutral from there. Then you slightly push down and move it to reverse, then push down on the button further to get it to park position. The yellow dot helps confirm a "factory" (C&C) piece.

$600-ish fair market value. That's where I see it. You can justify it being lower or higher however you like, but there's nothing else with it except just the shifter, then everything else would need to be sourced. And that can add up quick. I noticed a few little scars on the shifter rods, the knobs will need replacing, and possibly the chrome buttons. They likely function, but they're not cosmetically appealing. Depends on if someone is just wanting something to work or restoring their car or wanting a "show" piece.

If you had a package deal it would be more, obviously. The chunk you have is, IMO, is likely worth around $600.

I have new OEM black knobs for them in case anyone who buys it from you needs some. At a much better deal from those other people that sell them.

Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor