Lockdown needs to end

Smack-it

Apprentice
Dec 31, 2018
So let me start by saying I understand why we are staying home, blah.... Past that. Yall should get a laugh out of this.

My kids like most are home and driving me crazy, so after school work is done I send them out to clean up the shop, mostly to get them out of the house while I'm on teleconference. So my exact words are..... "Stop talking, don't ask me anymore questions and go clean every surface in the shop". ....me: total forgetting I'm trying for the first time to rebuild an automatic transmission in my camaro,and have all the parts layed out across the back work bench in the order I pulled them.......

Three hours later the boys come in saying the shop is perfect.... Well it is perfectly clean.... Along with all the parts in one bucket.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
So let me start by saying I understand why we are staying home, blah.... Past that. Yall should get a laugh out of this.
My kids like most are home and driving me crazy, so after school work is done I send them out to clean up the shop, mostly to get them out of the house while I'm on teleconference. So my exact words are..... "Stop talking, don't ask me anymore questions and go clean every surface in the shop". ....me: total forgetting I'm trying for the first time to rebuild an automatic transmission in my camaro,and have all the parts layed out across the back work bench in the order I pulled them.......
Three hours later the boys come in saying the shop is perfect.... Well it is perfectly clean.... Along with all the parts in one bucket.
automatic trans parts?that could've gone terribly wrong..

Reactions: 1 user

Smack-it

Apprentice
Dec 31, 2018
It is about as bad is it can be... I have no idea how to turn a bucket of parts back into a working transmission

Reactions: 1 user

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Decided to replace the AC compressor/Drier, Orifice tube and flush all the lines. I started that before the stay-at-home (I didn't go out anyway! ) So far the car is in the same state as I took it apart when this all began. So much for all the time in the world!

So stop complaining, you have plenty of time to figure out that parts puzzle!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Smack-it

Apprentice
Dec 31, 2018
I think im going to go get a 2nd 4L60E and take it down, always needs spares

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Smack-it

Apprentice
Dec 31, 2018
I thought about that too, but then id have converters sitting around, plus people give the 60 a bad rep. But I'm proof of that they can hold some big horsepower.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor