Look its Oldsnowbile

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyoKid

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
That's a generous offer, and a viable solution to getting your car back together again. It sounds like your Cutlass has become a parts car, clearly from the description of it. You might seriously consider picking up that body shell if you have a strong attachment to your car. Or the other solution is to find another complete driver and transform the best parts out of your car.

Hell its a great offer, but i really have no way of getting it, i would have to rent a truck, a trailer, and have the gas money to even make the trip. If i did find another car and swap out the parts, and it wasnt perhaps a 442, is there a way i could legally swap the vins? that may be a stupid question i just dont know. (i dont want a clone 442)

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
WyoKid said:
That's a generous offer, and a viable solution to getting your car back together again. It sounds like your Cutlass has become a parts car, clearly from the description of it. You might seriously consider picking up that body shell if you have a strong attachment to your car. Or the other solution is to find another complete driver and transform the best parts out of your car.

Hell its a great offer, but i really have no way of getting it, i would have to rent a truck, a trailer, and have the gas money for that trip. If i did find another car and swap out the parts, and it wasnt perhaps a 442, is there a way i could legally swap the vins? that may be a stupid question i just dont know. (i dont want a clone 442)

That's a good point being a 442, which is obviously more desirable than a typical Cutlass. Some people would go ahead and change the vin and not publicize it. Shhhhh! I didn't say that. :| In other words, swap all the relevent 442 parts over and keep it on the downlow. :wink:
It sounds like you're in between a rock and hard place regarding your funds and a suitable place to work on it.
Shipping the car up to school might be another answer, but that will cost an arm and a leg as well.

WyoKid

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
hopefully its not a t-top car that was offered, because i just may have to go bankrupt on this college student budget.

---if it is do not tell me!!!

Shipping the car up to school might be another answer, but that will cost an arm and a leg as well
:evil: you dont even want to know the story about that, my car was freaking on its way to me twice already and then was to never happen. seriously, the car was 100 miles already on its way in one of the cases and then my dad had to turn back!

CardboardHero

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 3, 2011
It is a hard top car. I bought it with the intentions of swapping my rustbucket 442 into the new chassis. Unfortunately, the title is as screwed up as the previous owner. So I was stuck with the paperwork dilemma.

So with two cutlasses in the driveway, I found a t top car that was in between the two at a nice price that I couldn't pass up.

So now I have three...

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
CardboardHero said:
It is a hard top car. I bought it with the intentions of swapping my rustbucket 442 into the new chassis. Unfortunately, the title is as screwed up as the previous owner. So I was stuck with the paperwork dilemma.

So with two cutlasses in the driveway, I found a t top car that was in between the two at a nice price that I couldn't pass up.

So now I have three...

Hey don't be giving the stuff away before I get there tomorrow! :D

WyoKid

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
It makes me feel better to know it wasnt a t-top car i just passed up.

why did i have to fall in love with a rusty 80's car and not a modern car( like some new exotic, that i knew i would be never able to afford)... my life probably would have been so much easier and less stressful.

CardboardHero

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 3, 2011
86-blk442 said:
CardboardHero said:

So now I have three...

Hey don't be giving the stuff away before I get there tomorrow! :D

There isn't much left on the 87 :)

The 86 is still fairly intact. And there is part of a hurst olds in the basement. Now that's a long story

CardboardHero

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 3, 2011
I could send the shell home with 86.... And he could relay it to someone else.

The first ever cutlass relay delivery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor