Looking 4 low profile stockish hood scoop

Status
Not open for further replies.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
I would like to put a small scoop on my 84 GP project.

Looking for something that is low profile (maybe an inch+) and rear facing like cowl design .

It also has to be subtle, almost "stock" looking so you may not give it a second glance (until it's too late :twisted: ).

The one 350 85cutty is using looks good ( I have a PM into him).

Any ideas or pics would be great.

Thanks

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
shotgun said:
The one 350 85cutty is using looks good ( I have a PM into him).

He's using the stock '83-'84 Hurst/Olds scoop.

I think Lauren Engineering makes a knock-off of it with a little more room, and I think that was the scoop that dogshit (Vern) had on his '87 442. He also cut open his hood and the back of the scoop to make it functional.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
350 85cutty told me the same thing.

Way to much $$$$$$ for a race car.

Looks like I will end up going 1 1/2" cowl :puke: .

Thanks

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
http://www.laureneng.com Its $149 and an easy bolt on and fits your goals description. You can see it and dimensions & price on lauren's site under Hurst Olds pic 31 (lex14 A) and you can see what I did with mine in my pics. Mine set nice and flat so I never messed with any bondo or anything for seal. I see no value in a seal on the top of the hood anyway. ;) Look at pics 2, 3, & 4 in my photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor