Looking 4 or help with

Status
Not open for further replies.

stackser

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 13, 2009
Littlerock Ar
Hi Guys

i have been trying to find some chrome rocker panels for a 83 cutlass. the junkyards in this area have little to no cutlass's at all.

what am looking for are the ones for the front end. does anyone know if any would fit from a olds 88 or 98?

any help or info i would be greatful.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
There's a pretty nice 84 Cutlass in a wrecker here I could check out for ya. Do you need the ones off the front fenders?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
They are model specific, so you would need a set from an 81-88 Cutlass Supreme. They were standard on the Brougham and Salon, and optional on the base car. Also, as hard as the trim is to find, the clips are FAR more difficult to source. Expect to have over $100 in trim clips alone for the complete car, and at least $50 for just the hard to find front fender pieces. I need one more of the front clips for my car, and have not been able to find it after a year of looking.

stackser

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 13, 2009
Littlerock Ar
yes only the front, if you don't mind i would be more then thankful.

i didn't think it would be that hard to fine them, but i took a trip to Houston and hit some of the yards there and there was not a one! to be found. over 10 yards i looked in.

if i cant find them i may just take them off, i have seen some with out them and the look pretty nice.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
It took me over a month and a half just to find one piece to complete mine! I had lost the original part and couldn't find it anywhere (until I cleaned out the garage...). Good ones are becoming quite scarce.

tbird1986

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2009
Indianapolis
if its just the front ones i got new ones on ebay last week for $30 and the guy sells them still they are perfect replicas of originals

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
If the E-bay guy sold singles, I would be all over it. I just hate to spend $30 for a single little piece of nylon plastic.

joeairforce

Master Mechanic
May 30, 2008
Wright-Patterson AFB - Dayton, OH
Re:

85 Cutlass Brougham said:
They are model specific, so you would need a set from an 81-88 Cutlass Supreme. They were standard on the Brougham and Salon, and optional on the base car. Also, as hard as the trim is to find, the clips are FAR more difficult to source. Expect to have over $100 in trim clips alone for the complete car, and at least $50 for just the hard to find front fender pieces. I need one more of the front clips for my car, and have not been able to find it after a year of looking.

I got a couple clips for my trim from the local Chevy dealer for $5.51 ea 2 years ago........ part # 22510423.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor